Second Amy Winehouse Inquest Confirms Alcohol Death
It has been confirmed that the star died from 'alcohol toxicity'...
A second inquest into Amy Winehouse's death has confirmed the original verdict that she passed away as a result of accidental alcohol poisoning.
Today (8th January) St Pancras Coroner's Court again ruled that the Back To Black singer died as a result of misadventure - with a second inquest being ordered after the resignation of original coroner, Dr Andrew Reid.
Reid had hired his "unqualified" wife Suzanne Greenaway as a deputy assistant to carry out the inquest into Winehouse's passing, despite not having the relevant experience required.
The Office for Judicial Complaints later carried out disciplinary proceedings against Reid, with the inquest having to be done again.
Dr Shirley Radcliffe from St Pancras Coroner's Court is now quoted by The Sun as stating that Amy died from “alcohol toxicity”, adding that it was “a level of alcohol commonly associated with fatality”.
She claimed that the 27-year old “voluntarily consumed alcohol”, and revealed that “two empty vodka bottles were on the floor” by her bed when her body was found on 23rd July 2011 at her Camden home.
Amy's father Mitch previously stated that he would not be attending the second inquest, telling the newspaper: "Firstly the coroner's report was sent to the wrong house up the road from [Amy's mother] Janis... and the bloke who received it tried to sell it.
"Then this cock-up with the chief coroner putting his wife in charge, though she wasn't qualified."
Mr. Winehouse added: "I'm not putting my family through it again. Right now I'd say I won't go. And the result will be just the same."