Assassin's Creed III Tops Games Chart
New open-world title gets Ubisoft's biggest-ever launch figures...
Assassin's Creed III has gone straight to the top of the UK all-format videogame chart in its first week of release.
Ubisoft's new open-world game has been greeted with favourable reviews and has become its biggest launch title ever, shifting twice as many units as the previous game in the franchise over the same period.
Electronic Arts' FIFA 13 proved it's got a strong pair of legs by staying put in second spot, while WWE 13 was new at No 3.
Sega's Football Manager 2013 was another new entry at No 4, as was EA's Need For Speed: Most Wanted at No 5.
Last week's chart topper Medal Of Honour: Warfighter slipped five places to No 6.
A new launch trailer was released on the day Assassin's Creed III went on sale last week.
The UK all-formats top 10...
1. (-) Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
2. (2) FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
3. (-) WWE 13 (THQ)
4. (-) Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
5. (-) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
6. (1) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Electronic Arts)
7. (3) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
8. (4) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
9. (6) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. (5) Dishonored (Bethesda)