Get To Know: B Young
We're introducing an artist with diverse influence and unique sound in this week's introducing interview...
B Young is a British-Cypriot artist from Hackney, London – with a mixed influence from afrobeat, dancehall, Hip-Hop, R&B and more which comes together to form a unique sound.
He’s got the melodic draw of artists like Craig David – immediately catchy, memorable and smooth. His broad influence adds to this style, making it all the more interesting and unique.
His new single ‘079ME’ continues this style – it’s a really charming bop and is the perfect accompaniment for this summer.
Check out the music video for ‘Jumanji’ and get to know B Young in our latest introducing interview below!
1) For those who don’t know about you and your music, tell us a little bit about who you are and where you’re from…
My name's B Young. I'm an artist from Hackney, East London.
2) Who inspired you to start a career in music?
I've been heavily interested in music from a young age, and my inspiration came from growing up around the music in my household and area which I live.
3) Who are your biggest musical influences?
The list is too long. I've never limited myself to any genre or artist, and have taken inspiration from a huge variety of sounds.
4) Tell us about the writing and recording process for your new single 079ME?
I record and mix all my music myself in my bedroom. The '079ME' instrumental I found online, and I wrote and recorded the song in my bedroom studio.
5) What can we expect from your live shows?
Good vibes, good energy and a great time.
6) What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
Achieving a top 20 single.
7) Have you met anyone and been totally starstruck?
8) What’s on your playlists that people wouldn’t expect?
9) When can we see you live?
I've got my tour in November.
You can catch up with our last Get To Know with Ina Wroldsen HERE!