The Dark Knight Stays On Top Of UK Box Office
Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises maintains position for second weekend...
Batman movie trilogy had ticket sales of more than £7m last weekend - outselling its nearest rival The Lorax by roughly four-to-one.
It has now become the fasting-grossing film of the year so far in the UK, having passed the £30 million mark in 10 days.
Rival superhero movie The Avengers took 12 days to reach that total.
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift was in third position, while The Amazing Spider-Man was fourth and Magic Mike was fifth in the figures, supplied by Rentrak.
We told you last week how TDKR was reported to have broken the all-time opening weekend record for a 2D movie.
The UK box office top 10...
1. (1) The Dark Knight Rises - £7,275,558
2. (-) The Lorax - £1,853,294
3. (2) Ice Age 4: Continental Drift - £1,544,322
4. (3) The Amazing Spider-Man - £686,952
5. (4) Magic Mike - £536,749
6. (5) The Five-Year Engagement - £75,134
7. (-) Searching for Sugar Man - £68,857
8. (24) The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists - £44,389
9. (-) Carry on Jatta - £36,760
10. (8) Men in Black 3 - £34,497