22 Things You Only Know If You're Obsessed With Lush
1. Oxford Street Exclusives are your ride or die.
Lush is… well, lush - there’s no other word for it. However, some of us see it as more than just a great place to buy the odd bath bomb.
For some of us, Lush = religion. Here’s 22 things you’ll only understand if you’re totally and completely obsessed...
1. Baths are no longer enjoyable unless they are bright pink/blue/purple [delete where appropriate] and sparkly.
2. Or super bubbly, thanks to those revolutionary bubble bars which should be mandatory in all households.
3. You start to know the people on the ‘made by’ stickers. Ah, Lukasz old friend, a million thanks again you wonderful magical genius.
4. You also sort of fancy at least one of them.
5. The Lush Kitchen is your homepage, because there's no way you're missing out on any of those exclusives.
6. Chanel? No thanks. Gorilla perfumes only please - nothing else compares to a spritz of Karma or Vanillary.
7. There are empty black containers scattered all over your room/bathroom, just waiting for you to FINALLY round them all up and collect your free facemask.
8. Your nose is so finely attuned to your wants and needs it can track down the delicious and unique scent of a Lush store from miles away. MILES.
9. You rave about your fave products with an almost evangelical enthusiasm.
10. If you went on Mastermind your specialist subject would be bath bombs. They’d show you an image, you’d name it. Within seconds.
11. Christmas shopping is easy - everyone’s getting some variety of Oxford Streen exclusives, obvs. (With a few little ‘treats’ thrown in for you too, natch).
12. Ditto birthday present shopping.
13. You’ve tried every single face mask, because it’s important to be thorough.
14. You laugh in the face of the ‘use by’ date - you’ll be finished and re-stocking waaaaay before that rolls around.
15. Food takes second place in your fridge - you don’t want these babies getting too warm now do you?
16. Watching a new product being demonstrated in store is better than any TV show you know.
17. If and when you get married, you NEED Lush to have a gift registry by then. Forget gravy boats and wine glasses, you want Dream Cream and It’s Raining Men Shower Gel, please. On second thoughts, that last one might be a bit inappropriate for a wedding present.
18. This is porn to you:
19. You’re such an expert on all the products that you can recommend a Lush based skincare regime to anyone within minutes of meeting them.
20. Sometimes you go in just to stroke those big wheels of soap with orgasmic-ly pleasing wedges sliced out of them.
21. All you’ve ever wanted from life is a giant lush hamper filled with goodies and polystyrene peanuts.
22. You’ve considered becoming a YouTuber just to find out if you get sent Lush stuff for free. Shame you hate the sound of your own voice and wouldn’t even know how to BEGIN editing a video, isn’t it?
- Words by Lizzie Cox.
Do you relate? Then prepare to fall head over heels for the BTS tour of the Lush factory...