11 Things You Probably Never Knew About Cara Delevingne
Everyone’s favourite supermodel/actress/all around queen of everything Cara Delevingne turns 24 this week, which is y'know, pretty great and stuff.
And although she seems to be dominating every field possible at the moment there are probably still a few things that you may not know about her. Fear not though, for no metaphorical stone will be left unturned after a read of this list of 11 interesting facts to help you get to know Ms Delevingne a little better.
1. Always on the go its no wonder that Cara say’s her favourite place is her bed
The star loves sleeping so much that someone once asked if they could publish a book of pictures of her sleeping because there are so many! We’re sure Cara doesn’t look half as bad as us whilst catching z’s! She probably dribbles glitter.
2. Considering most of todays A-listers are indulging in gluten free and vegan alternatives to everything, Ms. Delevinge refuses to follow the crowd
Her favourite food is “anything meat” in fact she loves bacon so much that she had it tattooed on her foot just to affirm her love.
3. Cara always knew she was going to make it big on the silver screen
But before becoming a desirable actress in films like Suicide Squad & Paper Towns, Cara said that her biggest dream would be to star in a film with her idol Meryl Streep. Good things come to those who wait!
4. Despite being just 24, Cara is already a certified fashion icon, so it's no wonder that she is one of only three celebrities to have a Mulberry Bag exclusively named after her.
The “Cara” rucksack launched in September 2015. Alexa Chung & Lana Del Rey are also lucky enough to be given the same honour, the lucky ducks.
5. Cara has a slight obsession with tattoos
Last time we checked she was in double figures. But what you may not know is that whilst on set for Suicide Squad she and the rest of her cast mates decided to give each other a permanent reminder of the experience. Cara was inked by Harley Quinn herself, Margot Robbie, the outcome a small a family of smiley’s covering the bottom of her toes. Cara returned the favor by etching a similar doodle on Robbie’s big toe.
6. The starlet has always been destined for greatness - her Godmother is Dynasty icon and the epitome of English glamour Dame Joan Collins
Plus her godfather is Conde Nast executive Nicholas Coleridge, which is all kinds of fancy really.
7. Cara decided to trademark her name giving her the exclusive rights for marketing purposes
We’re expecting Cara’s eyebrow equivalent of the lip kit to be launched very soon. Please?
8. Aside from acting and tearing up the runway, Cara’s other passion is music
She previously wrote and recorded two whole albums of music under artist manager Simon Fuller and was consequently offered a record deal. She did however turn it down due to the fact that her name would be changed.
9. Suicide Squad director David Ayer requested that if Cara ever found herself alone in a forest under moonlight that she strip naked and bask in preparation for her role as the Enchantress
Committed to her craft and always up for a challenge the crazy star ended up doing exactly that!
10. Cara’s party trick is that she can lay down with a water bottle balanced on her forehead and then bring herself up off the floor to stand without the bottle falling off
No wonder she was cast as the magical Enchantress, truly impressive and, err, useful stuff.
11. Cara has always been a badass! During her modeling days she posed with a real life bear on a shoot with Mario Testino
When asked if she was afraid she responded, “Honestly I wanted to be a stuntwoman at some point! When the bear was there I was like this is great, I’ll get closer. People get scared of what I’m gonna do, because I’m around the bear, I’m the dangerous one!”
She also had a tarantula rest on her face for a magazine cover. Seriously, that in itself deserves an accolade for having balls of steel.