9 Of The Worst Lies People Tell About Themselves Online
Oh come on, we’ve all been there…
When it comes to the Internet, we basically trust it as far as we can throw it – which isn’t far because we have bad upper body strength.
But with the return of Catfish this Monday (July 13) at 10pm on MTV, we couldn’t help but call out the worst and most obvious lies people tell about themselves when they’re cruising the net. Trust no one.
1. “I’m 6ft"
Aka you’re 5”7 but you exclusively stand on slanted floors to give off a weird optical illusion.
2. “I have a creative and exciting job”
Aka you’re an intern and the most exciting thing you’ve done today is accidentally scan the same piece of paper twice.
3. “I live in London”
You know, if by ‘London’ we’re talking two trains and a hefty jog away.
4. “Here’s a picture of me sitting in the driver’s seat of a car so you assume that I drive”
ARE YOU A SOCIOPATH?
5. “Here’s a recent picture of me for you to enjoy with your eyes”
Except that’s clearly a picture of Zac Efron’s face photoshopped onto a picture of Channing Tatum’s abs. Do you think we’re stupid?
6. “Yeah, me and [insert celebrity name] go way back”
Well that’s funny, because in that club meet and greet picture you’ve got with Olly Murs (which is set as your display picture, obviously), it kind of looks like he’s desperately trying to escape.
7. “My interests include exercise and cooking delicious meals for two”
Netflix and takeaways count, right?
8. “I'm just looking for someone to have a laugh with”
Or mainly just someone who’s on hand whenever you need a lift home at 2am.
9. “Nah sorry my webcam’s broken"
Aka THE lie of the MSN Messenger era. Screw you FaceTime, things used to be so simple.
Be sure to embrace even more online lies with Catfish, which returns to MTV from Monday July 13 at 10pm.