17 Essential Instagram Poses All Future Reality Stars Need To Know
Dreaming of becoming a reality star? These are the poses you need to get nailed before you can even think about it. Swat up over at MTV.co.uk.
These days, becoming a reality TV star is a particularly solid option. You can basically get mortal, shout at everyone, cry a bit and then crack a few jokes as your day job, but one of the most important parts of being a professional reality celeb is nailing the Instagram.
It’s not just a case of posting a selfie or whacking a few filters on top of your holiday pics, y’know. There’s a fine art to the reality TV star Instagram life, so you'd better start by learning the basics of posing like a pro.
There’s 17 very important poses you need to learn to nail before you can even THINK about becoming a true reality telly celeb. Start your revision right now with our handy guide, and take a few tips from the experts.
1. The 'just showing off my fleeky makeup' downward glance.
2. The 'somehow managing to make this seriously awkward advert look natural' stance.
3. The 'slightly uncomfortable angular arm for a totally casual look' position.
4. The 'super cute, girl next door, no makeup, totes au naturale' selfie.
5. The 'I have way better holidays than you' giant inflatable snap.
5. The 'messy hair don't care, hidden eyes, super pout' combo.
6. The 'phone in front of approximately one quarter of your face' arty vibe.
7. The 'absolute couple goals to remind everyone how single they are' pose.
8. The 'looking into the distance at an unidentified, extremely fascinating distraction' gaze.
9. The ever-subtle 'look how effing great my arse is' pic.
10. The 'sassy mirror selfie with a marble initials phonecase' requirement.
11. The 'check out my extremely on trend branded undies co-ord' moment.
12. The 'not very comfy but it shows off my amazing legs in a great way' sit down.
13. The 'buy my entire liquid lipsticks range please' pout of all pouts.
14. The 'look how thick my thighs are though' bambi pose.
15. The 'think I might have just dropped a quid on the floor somewhere' look down.
16. The 'arms in mid air like you just don't care' gravity defying pose.
17. The 'pulling my Rapunzel pony tail hair extensions' thing.
Words by Lucy Wood
Now that you're an expert in the art of the selfie pose, let's have a look at the cheekiest reality belfies EVER: