10 Things We Know About Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini
We trawled the web digging out facts on Cheryl’s new husband so you don’t have to…
By Tamara Roper
Intrigued by Cheryl Cole’s illusive new husband? So are we. They’ve been together three months, which is by no means enough time to build up a mental image of what he might be like through his social media output, so we’ve had to do the digging ourselves. How incredibly unfair. Here’s what we found out about the most mysterious Frenchman on the planet.
1. Is he Rupert Everett’s son? The pair look incredibly similar.
2. He runs a club called Cosy Box in Cannes, which to the untrained eye sounds like a cardboard box filled with cushions and blankets. It carries the oozing with swag title ‘ephemeral restaurant’, which to us commoners essentially means pop-up restaurant. Though it’s been going for eight years, so perhaps not as much pop-up as maintained structure.
3. JBFV doesn’t have Twitter (though we’re pretty sure we just came up with his new handle) so subsequently over compensates on his Cosy Box Instagram hashtag game. Read: “#gorgeous @ladyccole at @cosybox #lastnight #amazing #stunning #partying #party #goodtimes #crazy #elegant”.
4. He says lolzy stuff like “she teaches me the Geordie”. Cute, non?
5. Amanda Holden’s hot for him. Though she was quick to add that she “didn’t fancy him…because [my] husband is a sex god- he’s 6ft 2”. #Humblebrag from Holden.
6. Apparently JBFV and Simon Cowell get on well and are planning a business venture together. We’re betting it’s going to be ridiculously lavish and either based in Cannes or at The Chiltern Firehouse.
7. Cheryl Cole’s step-dad reckons he won her heart through food. In an interview with the Daily Mail (where he also admitted he found out about the nuptials through Facebook), Anthony Leighton said, “The way to her heart must be through her stomach. Through a little café, wherever it was in France.”
8. He doesn’t know who Harry Styles is. Apparently when Haz and Chez spoke at an event, JB had to ask who he was. Which is refreshing… We think.
9. All of the rumours about him (including his favourite drink being Moet and his party gap-year) come from a New York Times article that’s 12 years old. FRESH GOSSIP PLEASE.
10. There is literally nothing else on the internet about him. Well done Cheryl for picking the most illusive man in France as your new fella.