WHY AYE! Win £2000 Cash To Celebrate The Brand New Series Of Geordie Shore
Oi oi you Geordie Shore radgies!
To celebrate the latest series we’re giving you the chance to win £2,000 cold hard cash to spend on anything you like.All that dosh could be just what you need to smash it on a mint night out with your mates. You could head to Newcastle and party the night away Geordie Shore style, or even jet off to the sunshine to top up your tan!
This competition is now closed.
Winner: Caroline Wiltshire
Entrants must be 18 or over. Texts cost £1.50 + 1 message at standard network rate. To decline marketing texts end SMS with NO INFO.
Lines close midday 11th May 2016 and 3 days later for postal entries. Entries received after the competition closes will not count but may be charged.
Not available in ROI. Rules and winners: mtv.co.uk/geordiecomp
Geordie Shore S12 Competition – Additional Terms & Conditions
The winner will receive:
£2,000 in the form of a cheque made payable to the winner only.
MTV Competition enquiries team maybe contacted on 020 8612 7710
General Competition Terms & Conditions for MTVNE On-Air Premium Rate Competitions
1. The promoter of the competitions is MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT (“MTVNE”). These terms and conditions apply to all premium rate competitions featured on-air on any of MTVNE’s broadcast channels in the UK.
2. By entering a premium rate competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“Competition Information”). In the event of any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any Competition Information, the Competition Information shall prevail.
3. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. MTVNE reserves the right to ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to MTVNE's satisfaction MTVNE reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
4. Employees and members of their immediate families (being a spouse, civil partner, common-law partner, mother, father, brother or sister) of any of the following may not enter:
(b) Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited;
(c) Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
(d) Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the competition relates.
5. Where the Competition Information specifies an age limit MTVNE reserves the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
6. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the Competition Information. Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition, but may still be charged.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete.
8. Entry to the competition may only be made through the method(s) set out below. Where entrants enter via premium rate telephone service, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering, otherwise the entry will be invalid.
(a) Postal entry
Postal entrants may enter the competition by sending their answer (if applicable), full name, postal and/or e-mail address and a contact telephone number (or such contact details as are requested in the Competition Information) to the postal address indicated in the Competition Information. Entries should be sent either on a postcard, or on/in a sealed envelope. Only one entry may be submitted under each postage stamp. Entries received in any other form may be deemed invalid. There is no limit on the number of entries that can be made via non-premium rate entry routes unless otherwise specified in the Competition Information.
(b) Entry via Premium Rate Telephone Service (‘PRTS’) (i.e. premium rate SMS)
(i) Entrants may enter a competition by sending a premium rate SMS. Save for the competitions listed at (ii) below, PRTS entrants may submit no more than five (5) entries per originating telephone number. Entries over the maximum number of entries from the same originating telephone number will not be entered into the competition.
(ii) 3 for 2 SPECIAL OFFER or other similar promotions (e.g. 6 for 4). In respect of any competition identified below using the “3 for 2 Entry Offer” or similar promotion, the following will apply:
(a) Any entrant who enters a competition by sending a premium rate SMS will receive a text message (“Text Acknowledgement”) acknowledging their SMS entry and an invitation to enter the competition via SMS for a second time using the same mobile telephone number and advising that where they do, they will receive an additional (i.e. a third) entry into the competition without charge. Entrants who then, using the telephone number used for the original message, send a second SMS text with their answer (where applicable) to the premium rate SMS short code stipulated before the competition closing date and time will then be entered into the relevant draw a second and third time for a chance to win the prize but will be charged for two entries only. This procedure may be repeated until the entrant has reached the 6 entries limit.
(b) Where an answer to a competition question is required for valid entry into a competition, the same answer submitted by the SMS entry on the second or fifth entry, will be submitted for the resulting free entry (i.e. the third or sixth entry respectively).
(c) A free SMS entry drawn as a winner is valid only if two charged entries have been registered as paid by the entrant and neither of those entries have qualified the entrant for any other free entry, taking into account the sequence in which the paid entries were received and any other free entry was awarded.
9. Neither MTVNE nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by MTVNE or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
10. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted.
11. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition or, in the case of postal entry, has failed to pay and affix the correct postal charges.
12. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of MTVNE shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. MTVNE will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where MTVNE decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. MTVNE reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
14. The prize is as specified in the Competition Information. Where the prize involves the winner travelling, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) may be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. Where the prize necessitates travel on a specific date, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date specified by MTVNE and no alternative dates will be available. Where there are multiple people travelling, the winner and their companion(s) must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. Where the prize involves travel or another experience on a date and/or destination to be chosen by the winner, the date and/or destination chosen is subject to availability and the prize must be taken within 12 months of the winner being notified of their win, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Information. The winner must provide their preferred date and/or destination within 28 days of being notified of their win. MTVNE will use reasonable endeavours to arrange the prize for the winner’s preferred date and/or destination, but these are subject to availability and MTVNE reserves the right to require the winner to take the prize on alternative dates and/or to an alternative destination of MTVNE’s choice. Where the prize involves travel to a destination outside the United Kingdom, MTVNE will use reasonable endeavours to arrange direct flights from an airport conveniently located for the winner but may require the winner to fly from a London airport. The winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the UK airport specified by MTVNE and all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the Competition Information. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier. Where the prize also includes holiday spending money, MTVNE or its third party supplier, will issue a cheque for the stated amount upon receiving confirmation that the holiday has been booked.
15. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the Competition Information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will where possible take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
16. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged from all valid entries by MTVNE or as indicated in the Competition Information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition's promoters and intermediaries. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Winner contact:
(a) General contact: Any winner/s will be contacted as soon as it is practicable on or after the draw date or judging date (as appropriate) as indicated in the Competition Information. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided (or other method of contact if appropriate) when entering the competition. Unless the prize is time critical or time sensitive, MTVNE or its representative will try to contact the winner over a 28 day period. Where a prize is time critical or time sensitive, the Competition Information will indicate the date/date range upon which the winner will be contacted and MTVNE or its representative will attempt to contact the winner.
(b) In the event that the winner cannot be contacted (or fails to respond to any message left) within 28 days or the time period(s) set out in the Competition Information (as appropriate) or if the winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and MTVNE reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
18. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in MTVNE's determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or MTVNE and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at MTVNE's sole discretion.
19. MTVNE endeavours to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, MTVNE reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
20. A cheque/voucher/gift card/online account prize cannot be made payable to any third party.
21. MTVNE, the prize provider, the issuer of the vouchers, gift cards or online account and their agents reserve the right to refuse to accept online accounts, vouchers and/or gift cards which are deemed to have been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise are suspected to be affected by fraud or which have been lost or stolen following delivery.
22. Where the prize and/or information relating to the prize is to be provided directly to the winner by a third party, the winner (and where applicable, their companion(s)) is (are) required to comply with all instructions and necessary requirements as may be specified by the third party to receive and/or take up the prize, including but not limited to contacting such third party within specified timeframes, adhering to the itinerary as specified, paying any required charges and/or costs which are not included in the prize, completing any required forms including but not limited to booking forms and to delivering any required documentation to that third party, including but not limited to proof of identification. MTVNE will accept no responsibility and will not be liable to the winner or any other persons where the winner fails to comply with such instructions and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
23. The name of the winner will be published by MTVNE and also be obtained by sending a SAE to Competitions, MTVNE, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT including the name of the competition within 3 months of the closing date. By entering the competition entrants grant to MTVNE a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
24. MTVNE (or any third party nominated by MTVNE) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
25. Information, data and the caller line identity ("Personal Data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by MTVNE and its suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, MTVNE may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants' Personal Data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
27. MTVNE and/or the prize provider may be required to send Personal Data of the winner of a competition (and where applicable, their companion(s)) to third parties outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes of fulfilling and administering the competition and/or the prize and the winner agrees to such transfer for these purposes.
28. Winners will be listed on the competition winners’ page and, where applicable, winners' names may be mentioned in the relevant programme. This means that if you are a winner, your name may be published at www.mtv.co.uk/excomp and/or announced in the relevant programme.
29. If you are under 18 years of age you must have parental or legal guardian and bill payer’s permission before participating in the interactive service and MTVNE reserves the right to contact your parent or legal guardian and bill payer to verify such prior permission.
30. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
31. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit MTVNE's liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, MTVNE cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. MTVNE is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
32. Subject to 31 above, MTVNE reserves the right to amend any element of a competition for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to the unavailability of the competition or prize draw entry platform during the competition period, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. MTVNE is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
33. Where the prize includes a stay in a hotel or similar, you will be responsible for all room service costs and any additional charges or expenses incurred by you or your guest(s) during your stay, as well as any the cost of repairing any damage caused to any hotel property.
34. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the Competition Information, MTVNE shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and MTVNE reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by MTVNE including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
35. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
36. MTV’s Competition enquiries team may be contacted on 020 8612 7710. Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
37. These terms and conditions and all rules in respect of the competitions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
38. These terms and conditions were last updated on 23 October 2014.
Geordie Shore Season 12 | Exclusive Videos
Geordie Shore 12 | Draw My Life With The Geordies