UK & INTERNATIONAL VIDEO DELIVERY INFORMATION, DEADLINES & SPECIFICATIONS 2017
To submit the video to MTV please log onto this website below to register your details. http://vsf.vimnservices.com/login.php?redir=index.php
MTV will approve your sign up request and you can complete your vsf online.
In addition to the above you need to deliver a copy of your video directly to Fastrax or Promostream, please liaise with them directly - they take care of all our video submissions.
If you need any support in this area please contact either;
Fastrax t: +44 (0)20 7468 6888 w: http://www.fastrax.co.uk/index.html#contact-us OR Promostream t: +44 (0)20 7539 8547 e: email@example.com w: http://www.adstream.com/solutions/asset-delivery/promostream/
IF MTV REQUESTS YOUR VIDEO FOR PLAYS WE WILL BE REQUESTING IT IN THE HD – HD IS MTVs BROADCAST FORMAT
Fastrax/Promostream will upload the video to the review system for MTV review & playlist consideration.
If your video is requested for transmission (plays on MTV) we will request the broadcast file from the site.
To speed up your delivery to MTV, please pre-approve the request so we receive the video as soon as possible. Also, on the VSF please tick the ‘YES’ button which permits Fastrax/Promostream to deliver an HD broadcast version of the video to MTV immediately.
Once your video file is received by MTV it will viewed by our compliance team who will give it the appropriate restriction.
If you hold Worldwide rights to your video, please do not limit the Territory to the UK - please submit for Worldwide, therefore giving our territories permission to play the video should they wish. The Talent & Music teams in each region will liaise with their local label contacts to ensure they play in line with their local release plans and do not jeopardise any local embargoes.
FRIDAY: 12:00 main submissions day: 2 things to do.
1) Complete our online submission form and upload the song lyrics to MTV before Friday 12 midday to hold your place in the acquisitions meeting for the following Monday.
Deadline for submission: Only video submission forms submitted by 12pm on Friday will be considered for the weekly Acquisitions meeting on Monday @ 2pm (details below). Unfortunately videos delivered directly to MTV or without a Video submission form will not be accepted. Videos delivered late will roll over to the following weeks meeting.
• The information you provide on the submission form must be complete & correct (your label copy document or album cover should have all this information)
• Accuracy when completing the form is vital, the onscreen clip titling will appear on air as it is entered on the submission form (including capitalisation, abbreviations and punctuation, featuring artist)
• This information is also used for reporting purposes, for artist payment (MCPS and the VPL)
• EMBARGO details must be communicated to MTV and Fastrax/Promostream on a separate email. First Airdate for video, if no airdate is specified MTV shall be entitled to play the video on receipt.
2) Please upload a copy of your video and press release to Fastrax/Promostream by close of play on Friday – details below.
MONDAY: 14:00 - Weekly Acquisitions Meeting:
New videos are viewed by the Music Teams for all MTV Channels and by the UK Digital Editorial Team for digital platforms. *If your video is requested for transmission, or online use in the UK, you will be contacted.
To speed up the process of delivering broadcast files to MTV please ensure you tick YES under Broadcast delivery on the submission form and please tick YES when you receive the approval email from Fastrax/Promostream.
Apologies in advance, but due to the number of videos submitted each week unfortunately it is NOT possible to give feedback on unsuccessful submissions.
TUESDAY: 14:00 - Compliance viewing day:
If you wish your video to be discussed for playlist consideration please make sure that the broadcast file has been delivered to MTV by this time. Broadcast files delivered after 2pm on Tuesdays will not be considered for playlist additions.
Many of our MTV channels transmit from the UK and are governed by Ofcom rules so may need an edit in order for MTV to play the video.
In order to give your video as much support as possible your video may require an edit - providing you tick OFCOM EDIT ‘approval YES’ MTV will make the edit IN HOUSE at no cost to you and ensure your video is processed quickly in order to pick up its first play.
e.g. Your video needs to be free from restriction in order for it to receive maximum exposure within the Official TOP40 countdown & TOP20 Countdowns, International PUSH consideration and Themed programming.
Please un-tick OFCOM EDIT approval if you are not happy for MTV to edit your video.
• Re edits are costly and time consuming. Please refer to our MTV Compliance guidelines 2014 for advice or Ofcom’s link http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/. If you think your video might have an issue with luminance please ask your video supplier to run it through a Harding machine before you send it.
• If in doubt about the content of your video, please try to send it in advance to help prevent first play hold ups. Here are some additional MTV Compliance Guidelines: http://static.mtv.co.uk/tam/MTV%20Compliance%20Guidelines%202014.docx
15:30 Playlist Meeting: - channel playlists are discussed and agreed.
WEDNESDAY: - Playlist is published
FRIDAY 6am: - New playlist rotations kicks in on all MTV Networks UK channels from 6am.
Videos received & processed early can start picking-up plays before this time.
Looking forward to your Video Submission.
Talent & Music Team.
You should find everything covered in the details and links above but for any specific questions please email Clarkson.Liz@vimn.com