Cory Monteith’s Mum Reveals Lea Michele Broke The News Of His Death
The Glee actor died of a heroin overdose five years ago
“I got a call from Lea [Michele] and she was screaming on the phone,” she revealed. “She was yelling, ‘Is it true, is it true about Cory?’ and I said, ‘What about Cory?’ I had heard nothing. And then police knocked on my front door.”
As for her immediate reaction, Ann said she “went into a state of numbness” and revealed that she “shut of all emotions, and was numb” for several weeks.
“I knew it was real, but there were times when I could lie to myself and say, ‘He’s in L.A., he’ll call me soon.’ I’m still always hanging on edge. When you lose someone who is such a big part of you, you lose all purpose for living.”
Cory – who had a history of drug use and checked himself into rehab three times – was only thirty-one when he was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room, with blood tests showing traces of morphine, codeine, and heroin in his body.
Ann believes that some dental work he underwent may have effected his sobriety in the weeks leading up to his death: “He had a lot of medication in his system, which was not good for his body coming out of rehab.”