10 Of The Best Karaoke Performances Of All Time Ever
Someone get Simon Cowell on speed dial
Karaoke is ALWAYS a good idea. And if anyone ever tries to tell you otherwise then let them go, you just don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Whether your signature song is something moving a la 'Total Eclipse of The Heart, kickass and classic like 'Man I Feel Like A Woman', or whether you're all about an intricate, choreographed dance routine to 'Pour Some Sugar On Me', each and every karaoke experience is a special one.
But for every million karaoke moments that should probably be forgotten about asap and never mentioned again, there's one diamond in the rough just waiting for their time to shine.
Sometimes a karaoke kween is born, and it's EVERYTHING. Here are 10 of the best karaoke performances of all time ever (and nope, that one you did last summer probably didn't make the cut, soz).
WATCH THE PROMO FOR BRAND NEW CRASH KARAOKE HERE:
1. This regular girl with zero effects, zero autotune and almost zero attention
But actual Beyonce-level vocals to unleash onto the unsuspecting crowd.
2. Harry Styles telling Ed Sheeran not to go breaking his heart
While Taylor Swift, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan provide some important backing dancing.
3. This totally normal girl, who decided that a shopping mall karaoke machine was the place to reveal her superpowers.
Unsuspecting shoppers wondering why their trip to buy new jeans has turned into X Factor live auditions.
4. Two actual, real-life Weasley brothers fighting for their right to party.
Expect a Howler from Mrs Weasley at any moment, boys.
5. A bloke called Nathan from Reading, who's definitely destined to be a rockstar when he quits the day job.
That's a voice that would definitely be on an Ultimate Guitar Anthems CD in your dad's car.
6. Miley Cyrus reaching peak Miley Cyrus and performing an enthusiastic rendition of 'Baby Got Back'.
To be fair, that looks like a party.
7. This young girl who casually nailed 'All By Myself' while popping to the shops for a few bits and bobs.
Who even knew shopping mall karaoke was such a big thing?
8. Daniel Radcliffe whipping out the entire, word-perfect rap for 'The Real Slim Shady'.
Yep, as in Harry Potter himself. Ten points to Gryffindor.
9. This mystery lady on a cruise in Mexico who's been blessed by the voice of a thousand angels.
Someone get Simon Cowell on speed dial immediately.
10. And last but not least, there has to be a place in this list for Audrey Netherey.
The true queen of all karaoke-based content (and sassy memes, obviously).
Now go forth, future karaoke star. Channel all of this talented lot, bring the house down and then wonder what kind of insane spirit took over your body to make you actually do that.
Don't forget to catch new show Crash Karaoke, only on MTV.
Words by Lucy Wood