10 Of Surely The Worst Karaoke Performances To Have Ever Happened
It's a no from anyone with ears
The magic of karaoke is that, even when your singing voice attracts an army of cats, shatters double-glazed window panes, registers in outer space and hits notes that only dogs can hear, you can still be a star on the stage.
The not-so-talented tune carriers among us can finally get the recognition they deserve thanks to karaoke, but sometimes a performance can go one step too far.
And by that, we mean it's just beyond all realms of terrible.
Sure, they might tell you it's the taking part that counts and that you'll never regret seizing the moment, but there's a reason that most 90s popstars lip-synced their way to the top.
Take this lot, for example. No offence, but they're 10 of surely the worst karaoke performances to have ever happened to the world. Bless their little hearts.
WATCH THE FIRST LOOK PROMO FOR CRASH KARAOKE HERE:
1. Just imagine that this is your own mother, taking to the stage to sing 'Like A Virgin'
Taxi for Brenda, she's had one too many.
2. This woman belting out 'I Will Always Love You' and making us really want to be her best friend
You can't say it's not passionate, but you also can't say that it's in any way good.
3. Managing to single-handedly ruin one of the most romantic songs of all time, it's this lovely lady
You ok hun? We'll go and get you some toast and a glass of water.
4. This pair called Jasper and Eddie going big with a bit of Vengaboys
The true meaning of marriage material.
5. There's being tone-deaf, and then there's this gal's version of 'I Am Your Lady'
Once heard, it can never be unheard.
6. A lady called Jo, who got up at her sister's actual wedding to perform some Whitney Houston
Next time, can you make sure you stick to the suggested wedding gifts list, please love?
7. Bev and Bob with their truly incredible duet to System of A Down - 'Chop Suey'
Next stop, Wembley Arena.
8. This one should probably come with a warning, because it's actually kind of terrifying
Is she a ghostly spectre? Is she communicating with spirits beyond the grave? What is happening?
9. Yes this is actual Vin Diesel, and yes he really is giving an emotional performance of Rihanna's 'Stay'.
He's actually kind of good, but the situation is just so strange that our brains can't compute it.
10. And last but not least, Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson who are you and your best friend on every night out.
It's good to know that even Hollywood's biggest stars make total tits of themselves when doing karaoke.
Terrible? Awful? Painful to witness? Verging on absolutely wretched? Sure, but still SOLID KARAOKE GOLD. Let's give them all a round of applause.
Brand new series Crash Karaoke starts Friday 1st December @ 10.30pm - only on MTV.
Words by Lucy Wood