20 Things This 20-Year-Old MP Won't Be Able To Do Now That She's Made History
We are in awe...
Mhairi Black has proved that young people are interested in politics by becoming Britain's youngest MP since 1667.
The 20-year-old won the Paisley and Renfrewshire South seat earlier today (May 8), after beating one of the best-known Labour MPs in Scotland, Douglas Alexander, by more than 6,000 votes.
She's just like any one her age with hobbies including football and music, but now she also represents the SNP in parliament.
As for what delights she'll miss out on now that she's made it to the big leagues? Well here are just a few we could think of.
20 things Mhairi won't be able to do now that she's an MP...
1. Go to Glastonbury and stage invade Kanye's performance.
2. Ditch work and binge watch all of Gossip Girl on Netflix for a week.
3. Cry on Zayn's waxwork lap at Madame Tussauds.
4. Tweet Paris Hilton every single minute of every single day until she notices her.
5. Get in so much debt she results to stealing toilet paper from McDonalds.
6. Dedicate her life to a fandom.
7. Go travelling and realise she's not got enough money to get home.
8. Audition for X Factor with her best friend but get angry halfway through and throw her socks at Simon Cowell.
9. Get so invested in Game of Thrones that she begins to self identify as Khaleesi.
10. Join Tinder and only respond with Taylor Swift lyrics.
11. Do a walk of shame at 6am through London Waterloo station trying to avoid eye contact with all the fancy businessmen.
12. Have a raging three day hangover.
13. Document the process of dying her armpit hair on Instagram a la Miley Cyrus.
14. Publicly argue with someone as to whether Ross and Rachel were really on a break.
15. Develop a work crush that distracts her from doing any actual work for a good month.
16. Drunk text her boss telling them what she really thought of that meeting.
17. Spend a week working on a dissertation titled "The Analysis And Explanation of Marissa Cooper's Tragic Death As Portrayed In The OC".
18. Be one of those people who wakes up after a night out in another country.
19. Decide that wearing heels to work is a great idea, only to realise soon after that she'd rather cut her feet off than ever wear them again and walk round barefoot for the rest of the day.
20. Get 'temporary' lip fillers just like Kylie Jenner.
3 things she will be able to do:
1. Make a difference and create a better UK for future generations.
2. Prove that parliament isn't just for middle aged, middle class men who went to Eton.
3. Be the first in a long line of young politicians who want to change the world which we live in.