19 Cool Girl Wedding Outfits You'll Actually Want To Wear
No giant hats, tyvm
Y’know that scene in Harry Potter when he’s bombarded with Hogwarts letters at the Dursleys' house? That’s you right now, except with wedding invitations.
For some reason the sunshine seems to make people want to tie the knot, so with the arrival of summer also comes more marriages than you can shake a cheesey first dance at.
And while that’s all very lovely and romantic, it does mean that you have to find the PERFECT outfit for every single one. Stress.
We don’t blame you if you feel as though there’s nothing out there apart from basic bodycons, OTT giant hats and formal af blazer suits - but before you end up borrowing your mum’s best cardigan and a pair of kitten heels, we’ve hunted on the high street to find some WAY cooler alternatives.
Here’s 19 genuinely great wedding outfits that you’ll actually want to wear to the big day. Wahey.
1. Ditch the formal glam (if it's alright with the bride) and go for a pretty, softer boho look instead.
Floral Print Cold Shoulder Mini Dress - Boohoo at ASOS, £22.00
2. Thought trousers were dull and boring? Nuh uh honey.
Grey Watercolour Floral Print Wide Leg Trousers - Missguided, £30.00
3. The ultimate cool girl chic rule: go casual with your clothes, and dress your look UP.
Cami Satin Jumpsuit with Lace Up Front in Floral Print - ASOS, £40.00
4. Head to toe nude satin will leave you feeling princessy af.
Midi Skirt in Pleated Satin - ASOS, £35.00
5. If you're telling us you don't wanna wear a skirt with flamingos on, you're lying.
Prom Skirt in Flamingo Jacquard - ASOS, £55.00
6. This floaty pastel blue cami dress is simple but seriously gorge.
Light Blue Layer Cami Midi Dress - River Island, £60.00
7. Team this killer floral jumpsuit with some amazing shoes, and you literally can't go wrong.
Tea Jumpsuit in Floral Print - ASOS, £48.00
8. Hands in the air if you've just fallen in love with all of this embellishment.
Navy Floral Embroidered Mesh Midi Prom Dress - River Island, £90.00
9. Palm print is the only print you need to know about this summer.
Palm Leaf Print Strappy Back Slip Dress - Shein, £11.96
10. Discover the magic of jumpsuits and never worry about inner thigh chafing or knicker flashing ever again.
Camille Jumpsuit - Monsoon, £83.30
11. When life gives you lemons, stick them on a dress and look bloody adorable.
Lemon Print Wrap Dress - PrettyLittleThing, £28.00
12. This amazing tropical floral print would look incredible dressed up for a fancy do, or down for a chilled out day.
Kimchi Blue Bermuda Nights Hook-And-Loop Midi Dress - Urban Outfitters, £56.00
13. We've probably never seen anything cooler than this hot pink trouser suit.
Mansy Blazer and Culottes - ASOS, £50.00 and £26.60
14. Frilled cigarette trousers are t-h-e clothing item to have in your wardrobe this summer, and they're totally wedding-ready.
Pink Asymmetric Draped Frill Side Cigarette Trousers - Missguided, £16.00
15. Wanna look like you've made an effort without actually making an effort? This is the dress for you.
Short Lace Dress - Samsoe & Samsoe at ASOS, £105.00
15. Think 'what would my favourite blogger do' and go nude (not nude nude - we mean the colour).
Drape Wrap Jumpsuit - Monki, £35.00
16. This combo of floral glitz, wide leg trousers and muted colours is all kinds of dreamy.
Embroidered And Floral Print Jumpsuit - Topshop, £49.00
17. For the girl who doesn't believe in wearing colour. Ever.
Embroidered Rose Applique Off Shoulder Ruffle Dress - Shein, £13.55
18. Metallics are a good option if you wanna keep things casual but still kinda fancy.
Metallic Pleated Dress - Next, £42.00
19. And if a top supermodel was gonna go to a wedding on a high street budget, we reckon she'd probably choose this babe of a dress.
Surplice Front Florals Wrap Dress - Shein, £19.93
Words by Lucy Wood
Now that you're sorted for the big day, how about a watch of Love Island's Alex and Olivia doing the 'Girlfriend does my makeup' challenge?