FIFA 13 Is Fastest-Selling Game Of Year
Football title accounts for almost three-quarters of entire games market...
Electronic Arts has scored the fastest-selling videogame of 2012 so far with FIFA 13, which has stormed to the top of the UK games chart in its first week on sale.
The eagerly awaited soccer game sold more than one million units in its first week - helping to treble the value of the games market as a whole compared to the week before, CVG reports.
FIFA 13 actually accounted for 72 per cent of the entire spend on videogames last week.
It also outstripped sales of last year's FIFA game by 27 per cent as it knocked last week's No 1, Borderlands 2, down into second spot.
In contrast, World of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria performed disappointingly for Activision, only managing to reach No 4 in its first week of release.
The GfK/Chart-Track Top 10...
1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
3. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
4. World of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria (Activision)
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Konami)
6. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
7. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
10. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)