13 Fitness Hacks That Will Make Working Out Less Disgusting
We're really quite into the reward idea.
Seeing as everyone is just so into getting fit these days (literally why), we figured we'd put together a list of hacks that might making working out that bit more bearable.
Because sometimes you just need a cookie the size of your face at the end of that treadmill tunnel.
1. Walk up that escalator and take those stairs!
Instead of standing on the right hand side of the escalator or opting for the lift, give your legs a quick workout by taking them on head first. What’s the worst that could happen?
2. If you can’t face going for a run then go for a walk instead and see how you get on.
If you get halfway round and feel like jogging for a bit, then go for it! Being outside and having your heart rate up is step number one.
3. Get into a really good podcast to keep your mind off how gross exercise can sometimes be.
How I Built This, Serial and Guys We F**ked are just a few of our faves.
4. Try out any and all offers that pay as you go classes will give you.
Whether it’s your first class free or two for the price of one, there’s alway a deal to be had.
5. Spend time curating an incredible playlist to keep you going.
Whether that means listening to S Club 7’s entire back catalogue to make sure you’ve not missed anything then so be it.
6. Pack your gym bag the night before.
That way you’re not going to forget any key items of kit, you know, such as shorts.
7. Enlist your BFF to come with you to a class you’re a little scared of.
Want to try out that spin class that’s a little intimidating? Get a friend to come with you for that first time. Reward them with snacks.
8. Buy jazzy gym kit to cheer yourself up about having to actually go the gym.
Hey if you’ve got to be surrounded by sweaty people for an hour, then you might as well look good while doing it.
9. Have a reward in mind for when you complete a week’s worth of workouts.
Be it a Gucci Soho Disco or a bar of Galaxy the size of your head, you did it!
10. Remember that you don’t have to do the obvious forms of exercise.
You don’t have to be a pro runner. You can go rock climbing, swimming or check out a Beyoncé dance class, it all counts!
11. Get a decent night sleep before workout day.
SLEEP IS REALLY IMPORTANT.
12. Don’t kick yourself if you miss a workout.
You’re only human, so if you just can’t face working out then that’s totally fine. Just work extra hard next time.
13. Stalk that guy/girl you’re secretly in love with and go to their gym.
Stare at them while you’re on the treadmill, because that’s not creepy whatsoever.
Watch! Guys and girls take take the most awkward sexy would you rather quiz: