Eminem, Dua Lipa and Camila Cabello Top Spotify's Most Popular Workout Songs List
Kendrick Lamar and Post Malone also feature...
Music is often the key ingredient to a productive workout. Struggling to make it through that last mile? Listen to a euphoric banger. Need something to get you through that final set? Play a motivational bop. Giving up? Simply put on an amazing song.
And now Spotify has just revealed which songs are most popular when it comes to breaking a sweat.
Yes. That's right. The geniuses behind Spotify have gathered together data to decipher which tracks are most popular in the gym. To do this, they've collated information from workout playlists and found out which songs appear and are played most.
Globally Eminem reigns supreme. His 2002 single 'Til I Collapse' is the number one workout song worldwide. Post Malone and 21 Savage are Number 2 with 'rockstar' and Eminem is Number 3 as well with his 2x Platinum smash hit 'Lose Yourself'.
Elsewhere in the Top 10 are Kendrick Lamar at Number 4 with his US Number 1 'HUMBLE', Camila Cabello at Number 7 with her inescapable Young Thug collaboration 'Havana' and Dua Lipa at Number 9 with her breakthrough hit 'New Rules'.
We couldn't be any more grateful to all of them for soundtracking our exercise.
Meanwhile, in the UK specifically, MK comes out on top with his latest hit '17' that has so far peaked at Number 10 in the UK. Further down Avicii and Rita Ora make an appearance at Number 4 with their Gold-certified single 'Lonely Together'.
Jax Jones and RAYE round off the Top 5 with their tune 'You Don't Know Me'.
While these artists may vary, it's clear that all of these songs are amazing.
Huge congrats to all of the artists who star on the list.
Check out the full Global and UK Top 10s below...
Top Global Workout Songs
1. Eminem – 'Till I Collapse'
2. Post Malone – 'rockstar (feat. 21 Savage)
3. Eminem – 'Lose Yourself'
4. Kendrick Lamar – 'HUMBLE.'
5. Axwell /\ Ingrosso – 'More Than You Know'
6. J Balvin – 'Mi Gente (feat. Beyoncé)'
7. Camila Cabello – 'Havana (feat. Young Thug)'
8. Jax Jones – 'You Don’t Know Me (feat. RAYE)'
9. Dua Lipa – 'New Rules'
10. Kanye West – 'POWER'
Top UK Workout Songs
1. MK – '17'
2. Eminem – 'Till I Collapse'
3. Post Malone – 'rockstar (feat. 21 Savage)'
4. Avicii – 'Lonely Together (feat. Rita Ora)'
5. Jax Jones – You Don’t Know Me (feat. RAYE)
6. Eminem – 'Lose Yourself'
7. Dua Lipa – 'New Rules'
8. Kanye West – 'POWER'
9. J Balvin – 'Mi Gente (feat. Beyoncé)'
10. Karen Harding - 'Say Something - Zac Samuel Remix'
Words: Sam Prance