This Is The Workout Gigi Hadid Does To Get Those Victoria's Secret Model Abs
Model Gigi Hadid's personal trainer shares her workout routine that she uses to get those abs.
While doctors are regrettably yet to be able to give us a full body transplant to turn us all into Gigi Hadid, her personal trainer has at least decided to make her workout public for anyone keen on getting those Victoria's Secret Model abs the hard way.
As a big fitness fan, Gigi is a bit of a gym bunny, but does mix up her routine to stop herself getting bored when she's working on toning up.
Wanna know more? Rob Piela - aka her personal trainer and the man responsible for those rock hard abs - has shared her workout plan with Vogue, so us mere mortals can have a go too.
Chatting about how to get the most out of this one, Rob says that it's all about consistency and hard work focusing on the core, so if you are going to give it a go, make sure you keep at it and push yourself within what's reasonable for you and your level of fitness, working in more repetitions as things start to feel easier.
Here's the full breakdown of what Gigi does:
1. Warm up the core with 10 minutes of boxing. (MTV top tip: use a proper bag or alternatively a bean bag with your frenemy's face sellotaped to it)
2. Perform three sets of 40 crunches each.
3. Raise your heart rate with 10 minutes of boxing.
4. Perform three sets of 40 bicycle crunches each, kicking each leg out once per bicycle.
5. Box for another 10 minutes.
6. Take a plank pose to hit the transverse abdominals, holding for about 60 seconds, or as long as you can maintain good form (abs tight, no sway in the back, and the neck in a neutral position).
7. Super-set straight into leg raises to hit the lower abdominals, performing four sets of 25 leg raises each.
Sounds like a LOT of hard work to us, but we guess it'd be worth it to have an abdomen firm enough to use as a makeshift table for your mac and cheese when you're lounging on the sofa at night. Not that that's how we spend our evenings (it really is).
Will you be trying this one? Drop us a tweet to @MTVUK to let us know.