Fleet Foxes Win Album Art Prize
The folksters cover is named as the best of last year
Fleet Foxes have picked up the Best Art Vinyl prize for having the best album cover of 2008.
The group won the award for the front of their self titled record which according to MTVs art experts features a painting from 1559 by Pieter the Elder.
Second in the list of 50 cool covers was the more modern Roots Manuva cover for Slime & Reason. Coldplays Viva La Vida got third prize for their reversion of Liberty Leading the People by Eugene Delacroix (1830 fact fans).
Also honoured for their art were The Last Shadow Puppets, Metallica, Foals and Santogold who all featured in the top 25 Previous winners of the Art Vinyl prize include The Cribs, Hard Fi and Thom Yorke.
Best Art Vinyl 2008 winners will be featured in exhibitions at Rough Trade East, London, Snap Galleries in Birmingham, Fishmarket Gallery in Northampton and the Perfect Pad Gallery in Norwich.
The Top Ten album covers in the Best Art Vinyl rundown are:
1. Fleet Foxes " 'Fleet Foxes'
2. Roots Manuva " 'Slime And Reason'
3. Coldplay " 'Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends'
4. Goldfrapp - 'Seventh Tree'
5. Elbow " 'The Seldom Seen Kid'
6. Metallica " 'Death Magnetic'
7. Bloc Party " 'Intimacy'
8. Low Motion Disco " 'Keep It Slow'
9. Santogold " 'Santogold'
10. Zombie Zombie " 'Dog Walker'