21 Times The Geordie Shore Girls Were The Feminists We All Needed
Geordie Shore is actually a gold mine for feminism. See all the proof over at MTV.co.uk.
Okay, the title of this article might not seem like the most obvious topic of conversation. The Geordie Shore gang don’t exactly specialise in much other than getting mortal and finding bits of kebab on the sofa the morning after – but HEY, it’s about time we finally give the Geordie girls the recognition and applause that they deserve.
Have you ever realised before that actually, the lasses are taking pioneering steps in delivering modern feminism to the masses?
It’s fair enough to say that the boys have still got a LONG way to go with this kind of stuff, but with all their sex positivity, girl power and casual dismantling of the patriarchy every now and again, the girls of Geordie Shore are shining beacons of modern feminism.
Since the beginning of time, girls have been taught to keep their bodies under wraps, keep quiet and leave a love of sex to the boys - but let's be real, these lasses are shoving one giant middle finger up to all of those society standards.
No seriously. Here’s 21 times that the girls of Geordie Shore were the feminists we all needed.
1. They're clued up on the history of feminism. See this semi-accurate explanation of the suffragette movement.
2. They're all about rejecting the patriarchy.
3. They laugh in the face of society's expectations.
4. They're endlessly supportive of other womens' successes.
5. They're proud of being business bosses.
6. They're literally always sex positive.
7. They're unapologetically themselves and don't care what anyone has to say about it.
8. They simply won't be passive objects, thank you.
9. They LOVE talking loud and proud about all things periods.
10. They're forever reclaiming misogynistic language.
11. They won't sit back and listen to men comment on their bodies.
12. They're ready to fight double standards.
13. They're body confident and nothing's gonna change that.
14. Seriously. So much body confidence.
15. But they also don't give a flying fudge about looking errr... like this.
16. They own their sexuality and don't care what anyone else thinks about it.
17. They're all about the pussy power.
18. They're a constant source of support for each other during tough times.
19. They're more than willing to take on the stereotypical 'male' role.
20. They're not quiet in their views and will always stand up for themselves.
21. And last but not least, there's a woman in charge of the whole frickin' thing. Queen.
Words by Lucy Wood
GIRL POWER. Now, how about we catch up with Sophie Kasaei for a chat about Kim Kardashian's arse?