24 Things That Happened In Geordie Shore Season 1 Which Would Literally Never Happen Now
Rewind back to Geordie Shore Season 1 and we guarantee NONE of this lot would happen now. See all the mental moments over at MTV.co.uk.
2011 was a truly monumental year for the world of celebrity. Kim Kardashian was still engaged to Kris Humphries, Kate and Wills tied the knot, the final Harry Potter film hit cinemas and Blue Ivy was just a bump in the belly of Beyonce.
But it goes without saying that by far the most important day of 2011 was May 24th - also known as the day that Geordie Shore first aired on television screens across the nation.
Would Gaz and Charlotte actually get it on? Would Holly Hagan ever put her boobs away? What even was a Chloe Ferry?
OH GEORDIE SHORE SEASON 1, how we loved you. Six flawless episodes filled with eight unknown lads and lasses, getting mortal in beyond budget venues, living in a tiny residential house and embarking on a journey that would eventually lead to an MTV legacy.
It's a completely different show to the one we love now, so here’s 24 incredible things that genuinely happened on Season 1 which would absolutely never happen in Geordie Shore 2017.
1. Holly willingly appearing on camera with eyeliner that looks like this.
Fast forward to 2017 and she's got her own personal makeup artist on speed dial.
2. James, currently a professional fitness influencer, showing off this bod.
This man is now a personal trainer.
3. Heading to the clurb for some fancy drinks in plastic cups.
Long before the days of being allowed into the VIP sections where they have grown up glasses.
4. Vicky dishing out Ferrero Rochers on a party bus.
Best selling author and DVD fitness guru handing out free choccies to the lads.
5. Casually wandering down the street dressed as naked butlers.
Try this one in 2017 and you'd be bombarded by thirsty af paparazzi.
6. Charlotte taking names on the door of this very glamorous venue.
Yes, this is the girl who's now basically a national treasure.
7. And Gaz wearing some crap uniform to full up champagne glasses.
Not his slickest moment.
8. Charlotte doing her green screen bits with the world's most confusing hair.
Head to her YouTube channel where you'll currently find nearly 400,000 people subscribed for hair and makeup tutorials.
9. The lads hosting an actual dinner party to try and woo some ladies.
These days it's basically just "Are you on Geordie Shore? Oh yeah go on then."
10. Sophie, Vicky and Charlotte all being involved in a massive girl on girl brawl.
This would now involve some faaaairly expensive lawsuits.
11. Charlotte being casually carried down the street without anyone taking any notice.
Oh just a lass with 3.13 million Twitter followers absolutely mortal on the streets of Newcastle? No biggie.
12. Dancing in the middle of a very packed club while no one knows who they are.
These days they basically go out, take seven thousand fan selfies and then go home.
13. This cheeky little catch up in the middle of some budget loos.
14. Vicky kicking off on some poor girl who'd pulled Jay.
Yep, remember when Vicky and Jay were a thing? Quite unlikely to rekindle in this day and age.
15. And Vicky then also kicking off at Jay for not paying for her taxi.
After basically building her own businesswoman empire, we're pretty sure she's got a spare fiver in her bag now.
16. Two members of the Geordie Shore cast making an appearance to this size audience.
Not quiiite how it looks when they show up to all the student nights now.
17. Sophie rocking a Minnie Mouse hoodie and giant sparkly bow.
Her most stylish moment to date.
18. Vicky putting up the finger guns for an intense toilet argument.
Not sure we'll be seeing this kind of debate on Loose Women any time soon.
19. Gaz and Jay appearing as topless butlers in this full on budget venue.
This would cost you several tens of thousands of pounds now. BARGAIN.
20. Gaz pretending to shag a middle aged woman while literally wearing zero clothes.
Probably not his usual style anymore.
21. The house being an actual, normal house on an actual, normal road.
Rather than a warehouse mansion in a top secret location. Amazing - bet the neighbours loved it.
22. The lasses hitting the beach without doing ten million workouts first.
Not to mention promoting their own swimwear ranges while they're at it.
23. Holly breaking up with her boyfriend in a furntire shop car park.
An emotional rollercoaster that we haven't seen the likes of again.
24. And last but not least, literally any of these poses on the DVD cover.
Oh Geordie Shore Season 1, you were magical.
Words by Lucy Wood
Ahh the good old days. Now that you're up to date on all of that Geordie goodness, let's have a watch of 7 Reality Stars Who Cheated On Their Other Half With Someone On The Same Show.