Get To Know: Hamzaa
East London's Hamzaa is about to make a name for herself, get to know her before she takes the world by storm with her soulful and powerful tracks...
Rising singer and songwriter from East London, Hamzaa, is here to show you that soulful R&B music is still thriving and that she’s living proof of it.
Intertwining her soft vocals with catchy guitar strings in her single ‘You’, it seems as though Hamzaa lives and breathes her truth through her music. Mixing this smooth R&B with relatable lyrics, it’s clear her influences of Beyoncé and Sia have burrowed their way deep into her sound.
And yet her music is like nothing you'll have heard before. Giving us even more goosebumps in her song ‘Breathing’, Hamzaa envelops us in her sense of freedom, whilst also channeling deep and powerful vibes. She’s the sort of artist you need in your life. And now you can get to know all about her ahead of London gig at the Omeara in 2019:
1) For those who don’t know about you and your music, tell us a little bit about who you are and where you’re from…
"Hey! I'm a singer - songwriter from Hackney, East London!"
2) Describe your sound in three words…
"Soul, Honest, Fun."
3) Who inspired you to start a career in music?
"I feel like I wasn't particularly inspired by a person, but by my drive to make something of myself, in whatever field that may have been."
4) Who are your biggest musical influences?
"I'd say most soul and R&B singers from the 80's, and the powerhouse singers, like SIA and Beyonce."
5) Tell us about the writing and recording process for your new single/album…
"My debut EP ‘First Signs of Me’ was a collection of thoughts and feelings I felt that I needed to express in order to move forward in life. It was important for me to do that and let go of those things that may have been on the sadder side of my life."
6) What can we expect from your live shows?
"Expect emotion, expect vocals, expect to feel good and leave thinking positive and feeling free!"
7) What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
"Performing on Jools Holland was EPIC!"
8) Have you met anyone and been totally starstruck?
"Not met, but watching Kendrick Lamar at Wembley was insane, I was crying throughout the whole show - haha."
9) What’s on your iPod/playlists that people wouldn’t expect?
"SIGRID! Love her, she's so cute and her music is super fun."
10) When can we see you live?
"I have a show at OMEARA, on the 30th of January 2019! Tickets are on Sale so grab some and come and vibe with me!!"