Get to Know: IAMDDB
We caught up with the exciting new artist to find out a little bit more about her and her music...
This week's featured artist is an incredible musician from Manchester.
IAMDDB's career has gotten off to an incredible start. Not only has she already released multiple critically acclaimed EPs and singles but she's also toured with Bryson Tiller and looks set to be one of the standout acts at festivals across the UK this summer.
We were lucky enough to catch up with the rising star this week.
Check it out below...
1) For those who don’t know about you and your music, tell us a little bit about who you are and where you’re from…
Well, IAMDBB. I'm 21, from Manchester, UK. I'm chilled af. I love food and weed. You can always buy me some lololol… I'm really just out here trying to make feel good music.
2) Describe your sound in three words…
Eclectic, hypnotizing, soothing.
3) Who inspired you to start a career in music?
Bob Marley has forever been my number one inspiration through life and this music journey. Artists such as Boy Gé Mendes, Jimmy Dludlu, Nat King Cole all played a huge influence on me growing up.
4) Who are your biggest musical influences?
Gretchen Parlato, Bob Marley and Jimmy Dludlu.
5) Tell us about the writing and recording process for your new music…
'Shade' was a joy to make. It was made in one night. It was actually the first track completed from Hoodrich, Vol 3.. We just caught a vibe, liquor, good weed and I was just saying some shit… Then we had 'Shade'! The process always feels very natural and organic, never forced. You have to love the music first before expecting anything from it.
6) What can we expect from your live shows?
Girrrrl, I'm doing the most!!! I recently supported Bryson Tiller on the European leg of his ‘Set It Off’ tour, whilst also doing my own shows. It's all very exciting. I'm really humbled by this whole experience. Whole lotta shows to come this year.
7) What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
Meeting Mos Def by far. I just cried blud. I couldn't believe he wanted to speak to me. He gave me a shout out on stage listennnnnn…. I ran off crying it was too humbling.
8) Have you met anyone and been totally starstruck?
I don't really get starstruck because I've understood we are all the same. But people like Mos Def, Lianne La Havas, Gretchen Parlato. I would gass them too much because I admire them the most. They've inspired me to get as far as i have.
9) What’s on your iPod/playlists that people wouldn’t expect?
Young Thug, 21 Savage, Jordan Rakei, Jaden Smith, Tom Misch, Goldlink and Jay Critch.
10) When can we see you live?
All this year!!! Check my socials bby, we outchea! xo
Watch IAMDDB's brilliant 'Conjuring' music video below.