Channing Tatum May Have Pulled Out Of Gambit, But He's Still In The Running To Star In This Huge Reboot
We know exactly who he's gonna call…
Despite having mysteriously pulled out of Gambit earlier this week, it would seem Channing Tatum hasn't put a stop to all major projects on the horizon, including Ghostbusters.
Yep, according to Drew Pearce, the 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' writer who's also behind the ghostly project, Channing is still in the running to sign up to the male-led reboot.
Not afraid to chat about the rumours to MTV at the premiere for the new Mission Impossible yesterday (July 29), Pearce explained just where he's at with the idea.
“I’ve finished my work on that in the last couple weeks,” he said. “Obviously it’s top secret, but there’s a gigantic bold idea that I came up with, and the Russo brothers — who did ’Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ and are doing ’Civil War’ at the moment — and Ivan Reitman, who did the original movie, are going to take that and run with it. Obviously I cannot tell you what it is, but hopefully in one year’s time you’ll know!”
And whether Chris Pratt and Channing will be the guys we call if we find a ghost under our bed?
“That’s definitely the cast we’ve been thinking about as we approach the project,” he confirmed, adding, “Whether that happens or not is very much above my pay grade. It’s just my job to give them something exciting that maybe they’ll do.”
And yes, the female-led reboot and this one could well cross over one day. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE.
“My personal inclination is to try and make everything occur in the same ’Ghostbusters’ universe, because I feel, as a fan, that’s what I would want,” he said. “Standing here in New York, you just wanna tie it all together. Whether that happens or not we’ll see, but I’ve certainly given them the tools to do that, I hope.”