15 of Gigi Hadid's Best Beauty Tips
We'll do everything and anything for that glam
Let's face it, Gigi Hadid is so beautiful that it actually hurts our souls a little bit. So we had a little gander around to find out what the world's biggest supermodel's tips were for getting our Hadid on. Now just for her tips on landing a Zayn of our own...
1. Don’t wash your hair everyday
“I don’t wash my hair every day, which is what keeps it healthy because I definitely feel like it dries it out, so I give it a break whenever I can.”
2. Put toothpaste on spots
"My mom always taught me to put toothpaste on pimples to dry them out at night. I do that all the time. I don't use anything fancy when I get a pimple. I just put it on at night before I go to sleep. Then I take toilet paper, get it wet, put it on my finger and press it over the top, and peel [the excess paper off] around my finger. It dries kind of like a papier-mâché and it holds in the moisture and the toothpaste. In the morning, you just put a wet towel on it, and it all comes off.”
3. Don’t touch your eyebrows’ natural shape
“I don't touch my eyebrows. Sometimes on set they'll clean them up at the bottoms, but I don't let anyone shape them.”
4. Wash your face in the shower if you’re tired
“I love St. Ives Apricot Scrub, it’s so good, it’s my favourite! Usually I only use that when I shower, because if I don’t shower I’m usually too tired to wash my face.”
5. More make-up = more moisturiser
“[The more make-up I wear] I find that I’m putting more lotion on just because the amount of makeup remover that’s on my face sucks the moisture out of it.”
6. Keep your glam simple
“My go-to is foundation, bronzer, and mascara. I think Bella [Hadid, my sister,] and I have faces that if you put too much makeup on them and you’re not a professional makeup artist, it goes drag real quick.”
7. Travel with cleansing wipes
“When I’m travelling I always have Maybelline facial cleansing towelettes with me. Just because, when you are at the airport it’s not fun to wash in the bathroom.”
8. Exfoliate your lips
“My favourite one, that I do before every photoshoot, is rub a wet towel on my lips to take all the dead skin off so that they're soft and plump. Also using sugar scrub with a mascara-tester-wand on your lips is a great way to exfoliate them!"
9. Use clear deodrant
“For deodorant, I like the clear gel because I can't have any whiteness when I'm working.”
10. Use a toothbrush for the perfect ponytail
“For baby hairs, I have a face brush from Sephora that I spray with hairspray to push back anything leftover from when I pull it all into a ponytail, but I guess you could use a toothbrush."
11. Give your skin a break
"My mom never really wore makeup [when I was young], and she was very free and nature-oriented. She drank a lot of water, and was always so into the purest forms of everything. So I’ve always been a really big fan of just putting the purest stuff in your body."
12. Use natural light
For the perfect selfie it’s all about good lighting! Stand next to a window."
13. Wash your face like a Kardashian
"Kendall [Jenner] is really good about her skin. Like, the second she gets home, she washes her face perfectly. Keeping your skin healthy is the most important thing. Just having that natural glow is better than any makeup can do for you.
14. Eat clean (apart from the occasional burger)
“My advice to women is eat clean, and work out to stay fit — and have a burger to stay sane."
15. Leave your face in the hands of Gigi’s make-up artist:
Patrick Ta’s tips to Hadid-worthy glam:
1. Exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells
2. Start with a primer to get “a glow from within."
3. Put strobe cream on before foundation
4. Use an illuminating foundation like Armani Fluid Sheer
5. Apply highlighter with a fan brush on the high points of your cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and on your cupid's bow
6. Use a translucent powder so the skin doesn’t go matte
7. Finish with MAC Prep + Prime to “allow the powder to melt into your skin to give it a more glossy, dewy finish."