No Glastonbury In 2017 - Michael Eavis
Organiser says event will run until at least 2020, but with 'fallow year' after next two...
The Glastonbury Festival is to take a year off in 2017, organiser Michael Eavis has revealed.
Taking place on Worthy Farm in Somerset this weekend - the world-famous event has previously taken occasional breaks to allow the ground it is held on to recover better.
The last "year off" was in 2012, with Eavis previously suggesting that a break every five years was the plan.
The 78-year-old dairy farmer has also stated that he thinks the festival has at least six more years in it, which would take it to its 50th anniversary in 2020.
He told The Guardian: "I think I can run on another six years which would take me up to 50 years, then see what happens after that.
"Every single person there last night wanted to shake my hand and say it's the best thing in their life. It really is quite phenomenal that appreciation of the event - 44 years and people love it more than ever."
And he also let slip that he has already booked the three main headliners for next year's event - and teased that one of them is not British.
Asked if it was Prince, he remained coy but said: "We're always having a go at Prince."
The weather has been traditionally mixed for this year's event - with storms cutting Lily Allen's set short on Friday night.