Halo 4 Tops All Format Games Chart
Xbox title outsells everything else in the video game world...
Halo 4 has topped the all-format video games chart in its first week of release, despite only being available for the Xbox 360.
But even though the Microsoft title blasted the opposition to smithereens this week, it failed to sell as well as the last instalments in the series.
Chart-Track's sales figures show that the new first-person shooter outsold Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed III, even though last week's No 1 is available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
While Chart-Track did not release exact figures, it did reveal that Halo 4 sold "slightly more" than Assassin's Creed III did on all formats last week - making it the 18th biggest launch ever.
Halo 3 was the 15th biggest launch in games history.
Next week's No 1 slot will be hotly contested as Black Ops 2 is released this week - and is expected to give Halo 4 a good run for its money.
All-format top 10 video games...
1. (-) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
2. (1) Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
3. (2) FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
4. (5) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
5. (4) Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
6. (8) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
7. (3) WWE 13 (THQ)
8. (19) Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. (9) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. (6) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Electronic Arts)