Teen Burned On Harry Potter Ride By Passenger’s Exploding Vape
Most random. accident. ever.
In what is sure to become a heady contender for one of 2016’s most random headlines, a teenage girl has suffered burns after another passenger’s vape exploded whilst they were riding the Hogwarts Express ride at Universal Studios Florida.
The ride is actually one of the park’s more sedate experiences, and it looks like the injury was sparked by complete, unlucky fluke.
CNN reports that a 14-year-old girl visiting Universal Studios Florida was hospitalised after a fellow visitor’s e-cigarette malfunctioned, exploding in the college student’s pocket, and “shooting a ball of flame” at the poor girl.
A police spokesperson said that the girl suffered minor to moderate burns on her face, arm and leg, and it was exactly as random as the whole thing sounded.
“It was just a weird, freak accident that unfortunately caused injuries to two people. It wasn’t a big explosion, but was definitely enough dos care everyone who was in that cab of the train,” the spokesperson told The Orlando Sentinel.
We’re wishing all involved a speedy recovery.