Heath Ledger: Cause Of Death
A coroner says the star died of an accidental overdose
Heath Ledger died after taking an accidental overdose of six prescription drugs it has been confirmed.
The film star was found dead in a New York apartment two weeks ago and there was speculation he committed suicide. There were also allegations of Class A drug use.
After toxicology tests it is now known that Ledger had an overdose "as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects" of prescription medication.
They include sleeping tablets and anti-depressants.
The Brokeback Mountain star leaves behind partner Michelle Williams and a two year old daughter Matilda.
Williams recently said: "My heart is broken."