Terms & Conditions For Judge Geordie Topshop Voucher Twitter Competition
Terms & Conditions For Judge Geordie Topshop Voucher Twitter Competition - May 2015
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under the age of 18, they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by:
(i) following @mtvjudgegeordie at www.twitter.com/mtvjudgegeordie; and
(ii) using the #JudgeGeordieWIN hashtag, Tweet @mtvjudgegeordie tagging 3 friends who give the best advice (the “Entry Content”)
any time from 10:00AM GMT on 19 May 2015 to 11:59AM on 28 May 2015 (the “Entry Content”).
3. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland;
(b) be sixteen (16) years old or over;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
4. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
5. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing time.
6. The winner will receive:
(i) a Topshop gift voucher to the value of one hundred pounds sterling (£100); and
(ii) an invitation for the winner and the 3 friends tagged in the winner’s Entry Content (provided the winner or at least one of the friends tagged in the Entry Content is aged 18 or over) to attend a Judge Geordie screening in central London at 6pm on 2 June 2015
EACH OF THE WINNER’S GUESTS MUST BE 16 YEARS OLD OR OVER ON THE DAY OF THE SCREENING EXCEPT THAT IF THE WINNER IS 16 OR 17 YEARS OLD ON THE DAY OF THE SCREENING, AT LEAST ONE OF THE WINNER’S GUESTS MUST BE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AGED 18 OR OVER.
THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, SPENDING MONEY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTENDING THE SCREENING).
7. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
11. The winner will be selected on or around 28 May 2015.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Term 6 above and the winner is responsible for any applicable taxes and/or costs and expenses.
13. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving the Prize.
14. The winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter to the handle address provided on or around 28 May 2015. Upon notification the winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall deliver the the gift voucher element of the Prize within twenty eight (28) days of the winner providing his/her address to the Promoter.
15. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with a winner within seven (7) days of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
18. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants will be providing information to the Promoter only and not to Twitter.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winner or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the winner’s name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
23. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Judge Geordie Topshop Voucher Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, within one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Judge Geordie Topshop Voucher Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT