11 Easy Steps To A Perfect Contour, As Told By Kim Kardashian’s Make Up Artist
Last week, we were lucky enough to be invited to a masterclass from the celebrity make up artist Mario Dedivanovic.
Also known as the man who revolutionised the beauty industry with contouring. AGH.
Naturally, we couldn’t wait to get some tips from Kim Kardashian’s longtime right hand man – and so we headed down to Soho, ate a few too many mini bacon rolls and got ready to take some serious notes.
Mario, who’s teamed up with L’Oreal Paris to show off their new Sculpt Collection, enrolled us in #SculptSchool, and soon got us feeling like we could get our Kimmy K on in no time.
Here are his 11 steps to a picture perfect contour…
1. Select a good base foundation
Ideally one with some grip technology so that the contour never slides.
2. Use a Beauty Blender to blend your foundation
We learnt that Mario is a BIG FAN of blending. Seriously, he does it basically after every step.
3. Select a ‘cold’ coloured contour
Meaning one without any orange tones so you don’t end up looking a little… baked bean-esque.
4. Warm up the product on your hand first
It helps with easier application.
5. Suck in your cheeks so you know where to apply your contour
We always thought we looked a bit silly doing this, but Mario said it’s a fail safe technique, SO THERE.
6. Apply contour to the sucked in parts of your cheeks, then your jawline and chin
Of course, you can also add product to the sides of your nose and along your hairline, but this particular look was described as an ‘everyday’ style.
7. Select a highlighter without any shimmer
This is because you don’t want too much shine to start with, as Mario prefers his looks to appear sheer and natural.
Plus, you can just add shimmer at the end with blush if you’re that way inclined.
8. Apply highlighter along the cheekbones, then at the centre of the forehead, the bridge of the nose and the chin
Again, add some to the brow bone and cupid’s bow as and when you feel like or depending on the time of day.
9. Use a flat brush to start blending it all in
Blend for as long as humanly possible. NEVER STOP BLENDING. We’re joking obviously, but Mario did blend for a while.
10. ~Do not~ blend right in the middle of the product, though
Blend along the edges to avoid completely undoing all of your hard work.
11. Set the look with powder for a matte finish
Or, you know, go mad on some blush if you want that shimmery mermaid vibe going on.
L’Oreal Paris’ full Sculpt Collection will be available in March, and you can get more info on #SculptSchool right here.
- By Charlotte Warwick
Makeup Products For Taking The Ultimate Selfie
1 of 23
2 of 23
3 of 23
4 of 23
5 of 23
6 of 23
7 of 23
8 of 23
9 of 23
10 of 23
11 of 23
12 of 23
13 of 23
14 of 23
15 of 23
16 of 23
17 of 23
18 of 23
19 of 23
20 of 23
21 of 23
22 of 23
23 of 23