Lee Ryan Assault Charge Dropped
Blue star’s ex-fiancée withdraws assault claim…
Lee Ryanhas walked free from court after an assault charge against him was withdrawn.
The Blue star was accused of hitting fiancée Samantha Miller as they drove through London’s West End on 18 August. The pair have since broken up.
Lee, 27, appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court for sentencing on 27 August. His lawyer admitted the star’s relationship with his ex-partner had been “unhappy and volatile”. “Over the last couple of years, complaints have been made on six occasions, in Oxfordshire, London, Paddington Green and Belgravia,” Lee’s lawyer said. “None of these matters have ever proceeded to court.”
But before sentencing was due to take place, the prosecuting lawyer asked for the charge to be officially withdrawn, on the request of Lee’s ex. She said: “I have this morning been handed a withdrawal statement signed by Samantha Miller. Having taken further instructions there is no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. I ask the court therefore to withdraw the charge.”
The judge confirmed the singer would not face any charges.
Speaking later on Friday, the star’s publicist confirmed the case was closed. "The charge of assault against Lee Ryan was dropped in court this morning. Lee pleaded not guilty and won all costs connected to the case. Lee has always maintained his innocence and is relieved at the outcome, but is sad that such a case had to take place in the first instance involving the mother of his child."
The former couple have a two-year-old son together, Rayn.