TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VIDCON GEORDIE SHORE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VIDCON GEORDIE SHORE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
This competition (the “Competition”) will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition entrants agree that they have read and accept these Terms and will be bound by them.
1. Opening Date: 11.00 GMT on Tuesday 29 January 2019 (“Opening Date”)
2. Closing Date: 23:59 GMT on Friday 08 February 2019 (“Closing Date”)
3. Promoter: Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (Company Registration No: 10344647) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (“MTV”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 18 or over;
b) you must be a resident of the UK;
c) you must hold an Instagram account for at least the duration of the competition and the fulfilment of the prize; and
d) you must not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any other person professionally connected with this Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Entrants may enter the Competition by following these steps between the Opening Date and the Closing Date:
(i) visit and follow MTV’s “Geordie Shore” Instagram page (@geordieshore);
(ii) like the VidCon Competition Post posted by MTV on the Opening Date; and
(iii) tag an Instagram friend in the comments section below the image
(together an "Entry").
PRIZE AND WINNER SELECTION
6. There will be one (1) winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) and ten (10) runners-up (the “Runners Up”).
7. The Winner will receive two (2) tickets, including one (1) ticket for himself/herself and one (1) ticket for a guest, to attend VidCon London taking place between Friday 15 February 2019 and Sunday 17 February 2019 (the “Event”) which shall include, subject to availability and in any event subject to change, two (2) front row seats at the “Meet the Cast of Geordie Shore” panel and the opportunity to ‘meet and greet’ Nathan Henry, Scotty T and Chloe Ferry (together the “Winner’s Prize”).
8. The Runners Up will each receive two (2) tickets, including one (1) ticket for himself/herself and one (1) ticket for a guest, to attend VidCon London taking place between Friday 15 February 2019 and Sunday 17 February 2019 which shall include, subject to availability and in any event subject to change, two (2) front row seats at the “Meet the Cast of Geordie Shore” panel (the “Runners Up Prize”).
9. The Winner of the Competition will be the first Entry selected randomly by MTV from all valid Entries received between the Opening Date and Closing Date and the Runners Up will be the following ten (10) Entries selected.
10. The Winner and Runners Up will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after the Competition Closing Date and MTV will notify the Winner and Runners Up within seven (7) days of selection by Instagram direct message that they have been successful.
11. Upon notification the Winner and Runners Up will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address and to consent to this information being shared with the Prize providers, who will only use such to distribute the Prizes to the Winners.
12. Prizes can only be sent to a UK address so if the Winner has moved somewhere outside the UK after entering the Competition, their Entry will not be valid.
13. By entering this Competition, you understand and agree that:
(i) all information provided by you in connection with this Competition is provided to MTV directly and not to Instagram;
(ii) this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram; and
(iii) Instagram shall have no responsibility or liability to you in respect of the Competition.
14. All entrants must adhere to Instagram’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
15. The Competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the Competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
16. No purchase necessary.
17. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
18. The Winner and the Runners-Up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this Competition prior to receiving the Prize.
19. The Winner and the Runners-Up are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize descriptions.
20. In the event that MTV cannot for any reason establish contact with the Winner or a Runner-Up within twelve (12) hours of our initial attempt to do so, MTV reserves the right to immediately draw another Winner or Runner-Up who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original Winner and Runners-Up.
21. MTV reserves the right to select an alternative Winner or Runner-Up in the event that MTV has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected Winner or Runner-Up has contravened any of these Terms.
22. MTV reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Winner’s Prize and the Runners-Up prizes in the event that, in MTV's opinion, there are insufficient entries for MTV to be able to select the Winner and Runners-Up or where, in MTV’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the Competition unfair to all entrants. MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Competition, including the determination of any Winner and Runner-Up. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. By entering this Competition, all entrants hereby grant to MTV and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, Entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the Competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the Winner’s name, location, and Entry being broadcast on-air and posted across MTV’s social media platforms.
24. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of MTV and its respective affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
25. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the Winner.
26. MTV can accept no responsibility for entries delayed or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. MTV shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the competition.
27. The Winner’s Prize and Runners-Up Prizes are non-transferable and do not consist of anything other than expressly set out above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, transport costs, accommodation costs, food, drinks, spending money) are included.
28. MTV shall not be liable to the Winner or Runners-up for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or the Winners Prize or Runners-Up Prizes other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of MTV and/or MTV’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by MTV and/or their respective personnel.
29. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
30. The first names and home countys of the Winner and the Runners-Up can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, VIDCON GEORDIE SHORE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
32. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that MTV believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
33. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by MTV on notice. No waiver of any rights by MTV or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if MTV waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent MTV from complaining about other breaches.
34. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
35. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, “VIDCON GEORDIE SHORE INSTAGRAM COMPETITION, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.