Effective: 25 May 2018
The Technologies We Use
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (these are called “first-party cookies”) or by other companies (which are called “third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you and others are using our websites so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data about your browser or device to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access our applications, such as the advertising identifier associated with your device and information about how you interact with our applications.
- Functional Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that help ensure our services function properly, to remember your settings and preferences, such as your language preferences, to help identify and prevent security risks, or to help us understand and improve our services.
- Performance Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that collect information about how you interact with our services and personalize content for you.
- Advertising and Social Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that make advertising more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our services, or to share with others on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our websites may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on. You can also access your Google Ads settings to control what data Google uses to show ads to you.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance and the Cookie Consent Tool.
- Use your mobile device settings to control how data about your use of applications is used for purposes of showing ads that are targeted to your interests. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” setting.
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited
Data Protection Officer
17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT