MTV Brand New For 2017 Instagram Voting Terms & Conditions
1. All voters agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by MTVNE on notice and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
2. Costs to vote via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Voters should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before voting.
3. Voting opens at 17:00 (GMT) on 19 January 2017 and closes at 17:00 (GMT) on 2 February 2017. Votes made outside this period will not be counted.
4. In order to vote, you must go to MTVNE’s Instagram page (@MTVUK) and like (heart) the image of the nominated artist or artists you want to win. Images of the ten (10) nominated artists will be uploaded to MTVNE’s Instagram page by 17:00 (GMT) on 19 January 2017.
5. Any eligible vote received in respect of an image will count as a vote towards that artist. The artist with the most votes wins. Votes can be withdrawn at any time during the vote by ‘un-liking’ the image. Comments on posts will not be counted as votes.
6. Only a person who holds a valid Instagram account may vote. Multiple votes for a nominated artist from the same person using different Instagram accounts will not be accepted and may be disqualified.
8. MTVNE reserves the right to select an alternative winner (from the nominated artists) if, in MTVNE’s reasonable opinion, the winning artist’s conduct has or may adversely affect the MTV brand.
9. Only votes from individuals will be accepted. Any votes that the MTVNE believes have (i) been made via participation in a syndicate or (ii) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple votes, will be disqualified.
10. MTVNE reserves the absolute right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any deliberate attempt to manipulate the result.
11. Voters agree that MTVNE may use the voter’s Instagram handle and/or any statement made by them concerning the vote in connection with publicizing Brand New and/or MTV in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as MTVNE in its sole discretion sees fit.
12. MTVNE shall not be liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to voters under these terms, if such delay is caused by any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded; or (ii) any artist leaving the Brand New competition.
13. Any queries regarding the vote should be addressed to: MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT (“MTVNE”).