MTV Breaks Rotterdam Snapchat Discover Creative Factory 2016 TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR
MTV SNAPCHAT DISCOVER EVENT
1. As part of MTV Breaks, MTV Networks Europe (“MTVNE”) is offering the chance to be part of the team that creates the MTV EMA 2016 edition of MTV’s Snapchat Discover, on 1 and 2 November 2016 (“Snapchat Event”) . You’ll work alongside MTV Staff and industry creatives to produce the very best digital content to broadcast around the world on MTV Snapchat on Friday 4th November
(a) Writers: work with some of MTV International’s features writers, who will be there to give you constructive guidance and creative input on your writing, including style and tone of voice. You will be expected to write approximately 5 features, as well as working with your fellow writers on their articles;
(b) Graphic Designers: gain an understanding of how editorial, art direction, design, animation and photo editing integrate into the Snapchat environment and become an integral part of putting a Snapchat edition together; and
(c) Producers and Editors: you will need to prove your skills as an all-round producer / director / editor, to help bring the Snapchat Discover edition to life, along with looking after any filming that may happen during the two days. You will oversee all video creative and manage any talent shoots that may take place.
2. The Initiative is subject to and governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). By making a submission in accordance with term 3 below, each entrant agrees that they have read and understood these Terms and shall be bound by them.
3. How to enter
Entrants may put themselves forward to be considered for the Initiative as follows:
(a) Writers: write a reactive feature to a fashion, beauty or lifestyle news story that you think would be suitable for publishing on MTV’s Snapchat Discover. Keep it between 200-300 words, add a headline and make sure to include links to relevant images and gifs. Send your piece via email to email@example.com and put ‘MTV Snapchat Writer’ in the subject line. You must be a fountain of celebrity knowledge, obsessed with all things pop culture and have a serious understanding of the MTV audience and tone of voice; or
(b) Graphic Designers: send a link to your portfolio or a PDF of the 3 best examples of your work, which show off your design skills and eye for style. Send your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘MTV Snapchat Designer’ in the subject line. MTVNE are looking for individuals that are bursting with creative ideas and enthusiasm as well as excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. You must love entertainment, music, style, celebrities and the internet and be ahead of the curve on all things digital. MTVNE want to find experts in what works visually online. Motion graphics experience is a bonus, but not required. If you do not have any motion experience you must also submit a GIF in 1080 x 1920 pixels that sums up your favourite celebrity news story right now! There are no limits here - make it as colourful, eye-catching and MTV as you can; or
(c) Producer and Editors: send one or two links showing your best films, that you have produced / directed and edited, to email@example.com and put ‘MTV Snapchat Editor’ in the subject line. MTVNE are looking for an amazing, innovative video team, who will not only be able to shoot but also cut and edit original content to be posted on the MTV Snapchat Discover edition. You must have experience with Adobe Premiere or any similar editing programme.
The closing time for entries is 17:00 on 18 October 2016 (all times stated are UK time).
4. “Entry Content” shall mean any and all content submitted by the entrants of the Initiative.
5. This Initiative is open to residents of the Netherlands only.
6. To be eligible to participate in the Initiative, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be between eighteen (18) and twenty six (26) years of age at the time of entry;
(b) have obtained parental consent, if relevant;
(c) be available from 1 to (and including) 2 November 2016 to participate in the Snapchat Event;
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTVNE, Viacom International Inc. and/or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this Initiative.
As all personnel involved in the Initiative will primarily be speaking English, MTVNE recommends that entrants have a reasonable understanding of English and are comfortable conversing in English.
7. A panel of judges (which shall include no less than one independent member) shall review eligible entries received prior to the closing time and select fifteen successful entrants (each, an “MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor”). The MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor(s) will be the entrant(s) who, in the judging panel’s opinion, submitted the most original and creative Entry Content and who the judging panel considers to be most suitable in all the circumstances. Each successful entrant will be notified of such on or around 21 October 2016.
8. The Initiative is free to enter. However, internet costs in submitting Entry Content may vary so entrants should check with their service provider for current charges and seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
9. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant (including where such entrant uses multiple email accounts) may not be considered and the entrant may be disqualified.
10. The MTV Snapchat Discover Contributors for this Initiative will be selected on or around 21 October 2016.
11. As part of the Initiative, each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor will receive:
(a) the opportunity to take part in the Snapchat Event on 1 and 2 November at a location in Rotterdam to be confirmed by MTVNE;
(b) breakfast on 1 November 2016;
(c) lunch and soft beverages on 1 and 2 November whilst taking part in the Snapchat Event;
(d) mentoring support (of at least four (4) hours) in relation to their participation in the Snapchat Event;
(e) one (1) standing ticket to the MTV EMA 2016 on 6 November 2016.
The retail value of the prize is approximately €800, and is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of fulfillment. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent is permitted.
12. Each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor is solely responsible for (at the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor’s cost and expense):
(a) obtaining all relevant permissions, consents and releases from any individuals who may be identifiable in or from any Entry Content;
(b) any and all applicable taxes;
(c) ensuring he or she is fully able to travel and participate in the Initiative on 1 and 2 November 2016;
(d) arranging and paying for all travel arrangements to and from the venue where the Snapchat Event shall take place and the MTV EMA 2016; and
(e) any other costs and expenses other than those expressly identified in Term 11 (including, without limitation, spending money).
13. EACH ENTRANT MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE SNAPCHAT EVENT ON 1 AND 2 NOVEMBER 2016 . NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
14. If an MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor fails to contact MTVNE as requested or fails to provide the information referred to in Term 6 within a reasonable time, MTVNE reserves the right to disqualify them and immediately select an alternative MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor.
15. MTVNE reserves the right to disqualify an MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor and select an alternative MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor in the event that MTVNE has reasonable grounds for believing that an MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor has contravened any of these Terms.
16. MTVNE reserves the right to terminate the Initiative (or any part thereof) and cancel the Snapchat Event or any of them in the event that, in MTVNE's opinion, there are insufficient entries or, in MTVNE’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the Initiative unfair to all entrants. MTVNE’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Initiative, including the determination of the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributors. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering the Initiative, all entrants hereby grant to MTVNE and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, unlimited, non-exclusive licence to (and authorise others to) edit, copy, modify, transmit, adapt, collate, publish, broadcast, display, reproduce, delete and otherwise use in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter invented) the entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the Initiative, but not the Entry Content (“Entrant Info”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit and entrants hereby warrant and undertake that they have all rights necessary to grant such rights as set out in this Term 17. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor’s name, location, and Entry Content and a selection of Entry Content from other entrants may be broadcast on-air and/or posted across MTVNE’s or its affiliates’ social media platforms (but MTVNE shall not be under any obligation to do so).
18. Each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor acknowledges and agrees that all materials (including, but not limited to, photographs, images, stills, films, recordings, text, reports, data, designs, documents, graphics, artwork, scripts and moodboards) created by them as part of or in connection with the Snapchat Event and all other physical materials created by them in connection with such materials (together, “Snapchat Materials”) and all rights subsisting therein shall be solely owned by MTVNE. Each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assigns to MTVNE with full title guarantee (including by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all right and title in and to the Snapchat Materials throughout the world. MTV Snapchat Discover Contributors shall not use, sell, licence, publish or otherwise exploit any Snapchat Materials (including, without limitation, by posting any Snapchat Materials on social media platforms) without the prior written consent of MTVNE.
19. Each MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor hereby grants MTVNE the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph them at, and in connection with, the Initiative and the Snapchat Event (and/or any related publicity event or promotional activity) and MTVNE shall own all right and title in and to all such films, tapes, recordings and photographs. In connection therewith, MTVNE shall have the right to use and authorise others to use the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor’s name, likeness and any biographical facts which may have been provided by the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor to MTVNE worldwide in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter invented).
20. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to participate in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
21. Insofar as possible under applicable law, each entrant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives in favour of MTVNE, MTVNE’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights and any rights of a similar nature in any (a) Entrant Info; (b) Snapchat Materials and (c) any materials created in connection with activities referred to in Terms 19 and 20 above to which such entrant is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. Each entrant hereby confirms and shall ensure that the Entry Content:
(a) is not defamatory;
(b) is not sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
(c) is not, expressly or impliedly, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
(d) does not promote any particular political agenda or message;
(e) does not contain any symbols, clothing or other messages associated with any gang;
(f) does not reveal any personal information including, but not limited to, personal names, email addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
(g) does not show any identifiable individual unless such individual has expressly consented to featuring in such Entry Content;
(h) is not otherwise offensive or illegal in any way or depicts or simulates any activity that is offensive or illegal.
23. Prior to taking part in the Snapchat Event, MTVNE may require the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor (along with a parent or legal guardian where required by law) to sign any documents relating to any Entrant Info, the Initiative, Snapchat Materials and/or acknowledgment of acceptance of all the Terms and the MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor acknowledges and agrees that participation in the Snapchat Event is conditional upon such signature.
24. Decisions as to whether Entry Content breaches or infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of MTVNE. Entry Content that does not comply in all material respects with the Terms may not be considered.
25. MTVNE can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will not be considered. MTVNE shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing submission of an entry.
26. The Snapchat Event is as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered.
27. All entrants acknowledge and agree that participating in the Initiative is not intended to create any relationship of employment between MTVNE and any entrant and the entrant is under no obligation to take part in the Snapchat Event.
28. Snapchat takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Snapchat. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Snapchat.
29. MTVNE shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Initiative and/or the Snapchat Event other than death or personal injury caused by deliberate intent or negligence of MTVNE and/or their personnel and/or deceit or fraud by MTVNE and/or their personnel.
30. MTVNE shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to any MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond MTVNE’s reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including, without limitation, as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, legal or regulatory changes, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with the activities or third party event organisers or third parties providing any element of the Snapchat Event; For the avoidance of doubt, the affected entrant shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
31. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
32. The name of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: FAO MTV Snapchat Discover Event 2016, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the closing date, as such by entering this competition the entrants agree to this disclosure of information in the event that they are chosen as a MTV Snapchat Discover Contributor.
34. Only entries from individuals are accepted. Any entries that MTVNE believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. MTVNE reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
35. No purchase of goods and/or services whatsoever is needed by entrants in order to participate in the initiative.
36. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by MTVNE on notice.
37. No waiver of any rights by MTVNE or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if MTVNE waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent MTVNE from complaining about other breaches.
38. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict MTVNE from doing anything necessary to ensure that MTVNE complies with its legal or regulatory obligations and MTVNE may cancel or amend the Initiative (in whole or any part thereof) if to not do so would put MTVNE in breach of applicable law or, in MTVNE’s reasonable opinion, impair the reputation of MTVNE or any of its affiliated companies.
39. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The Netherlands and any dispute that may arise will be submitted to the Courts of Amsterdam.
40. Any queries regarding the Initiative should be addressed to:
FAO MTV Snapchat Discover Event 2016, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.