MTV Terms & Conditions – Girls Trip Film and MTV Partnership
MTV Terms & Conditions – Girls Trip Film and MTV Partnership
1. This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or members of their immediate families, including any live-in partner or household member) of any Sky UK Group company (“Promoter”), or any MTV Networks Europe company (“MTV”), or Universal Pictures (the “Advertiser”) or any agencies involved with the competition, and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2. You can enter the competition by going to www.mtv.co.uk/competitions/girls-trip and answering the competition question by selecting the correct answer from a multiple choice of three answers. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3. This promotion opens at 00.01 on 17 July 2017 and the closing date is 23:59PM on 04 August 2017.
4. One entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
5. Your entry must include your name, address (including postcode), your contact telephone number, email address, eligibility and availability to travel and the answer to the question.
6. There will be 1 Winner ("Winner"). Winner will be selected randomly from all the entrants that gave the right answer to the question. The random draw will be held on 07 August 2017 and Winner will be contacted by telephone within 7 days of being selected.
7. The Winner will receive the following prize: Two (2) VIP tickets to MTV Summerblast in Croatia (25th – 26th August), two (2) return flights from a reasonable UK airport and one (1) twin room for 3 nights (24th – 27th August in a 4-star hotel.
8. The prize does not include transfers, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. For the sake of clarity, this means (but is not limited to) the following:
8.1.1. Prize excludes travel between Winner’s home & departure airport.
8.1.2. All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
8.1.3. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports & any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their guests.
9. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
11. All elements of the Prize are subject to availability at the time of booking.
12. Both the Winner and his/her guest must be aged 18 years or over.
13. The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidentals.
14. The Winner should allow up to 7 working days for their prize to be confirmed after supplying the details outlined in point 7.
15. Except for the one guest permitted as part of Winner’s Prize, Winner is not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Prize trip. Winner’s guest may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. The Winner and their guest must travel on the same itinerary from a UK airport to be agreed by the Promoter. Once selected, the Winner’s guest may not be changed without the express consent of Universal Pictures, which Universal Pictures may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
16. Any potential winner and his/her proposed guest will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
17. Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
18. The Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
19. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
20. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
21. The Promoter and/or MTV will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the Winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control.
22. If the Winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control, then the Promoter and/or MTV reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
23. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
24. Details of the Winners’ name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
25. The name, county and photograph of the Winners may be used by the Promoter and/or MTV and each of their associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The Winners agree to allow the Promoter and/or MTV to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
26. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter and/or MTV and/or the Advertiser will use each Winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering
27. Personal Data:
27.1. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter and the Advertiser will retain, use and share each entrant’s personal details on the following basis:
27.1.1. for the purpose of administering the promotion;
27.1.2. to facilitate the supply of prizes (in this case data may be transferred to other entities for the purpose of supplying the prizes);
27.1.3. where appropriate consents have been received at the point of entry for this prize promotion, for the purposes outlined paragraph 29 below; and
27.1.4. so that that the Promoter and Advertiser (as provider of the prize) may assess the marketing value of this promotion.
29. The Promoter and/or MTV reserve the right to extend the closing date or terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) where events beyond the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s reasonable control make such action necessary. The Promoter’s and/or MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the choice of any Winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
30. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter’s and/or MTV’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
31. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
32. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.