#PickMeBET Competition T & C’s
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom, 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of May 5, 2014. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all state, and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. This contest begins at 6:00 a.m. BST June 9, 2014 and ends at 00:00 a.m. BST June 13, 2014 (the “Entry Period”) and consists of three (2) phases.
Phase 1: During the Entry Period, upload a video using #PickMeBET onto your Instagram, Twitter of Facebook registered account telling us why you should be our BET International social blogger (collectively, the “Entry”). Entry must adhere to the following guidelines:</p>
• Must feature entrant only;
• Must be up to fifteen seconds (00:15) in length;
• Must include #PickMeBET; and
• Must not include any trademarks, logos, sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material.
Phase 2: On or about June 16, 2014, a BET International panel will select a winner from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on the originality, creativity, and entertainment value of their Entry.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Contest Entities reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Contest Entities. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4) will nevertheless be awarded from amongst eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a 5 day/4 night trip for two (2) to the “BET Awards” scheduled on June 29, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. The prize package includes (i) round-trip economy class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Los Angeles; (ii) two (2) tickets to the “BET Awards;” (iii) hotel accommodations for four (4) nights (one (1) double occupancy room selected solely by BET International, room and tax only); (iv) round-trip ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the hotel and airport; (v) Three Hundred and Fifty Pounds (£350.00) in the form of cash; and (vi) one (1) video-enabled device which must be used to capture the Grand Prize Winner’s experience leading up to and during the “BET Awards.” Video will become the property of the Contest Entities. The Contest Entities can broadcast and use the video in any way throughout the world in perpetuity and shall not be obligated to use the video. The Grand Prize Winner shall not have approval rights to the video. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 26 – 30, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner and travel companion (who must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of travel) must travel on the same itinerary. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be available on the specified dates, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner.</p>
Both prize packages hereinafter referred to as “Prize.” Prize does not include any ground transportation to and from the Grand Prize Winner’s or his/her travel companion’s residence and airport, meals, gratuities, ticket administrative fee and travel taxes, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Any taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of BET International.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) winner will be selected by BET International on June 16, 2014 based on the originality, creativity, and entertainment value of their Entry from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. BET International will notify the potential winners by social media direct messaging, phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must have travel insurance, a passport with 6 months valid for travel to the US on June 26, 2014 and be eligible to travel to the US - https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/. If unavailable to travel during the specified timeframe, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, entrants agree to grant to Contest Entities and Contest Entities’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time, the winners’ video clip, name, pictures, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Contest Entities. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Contest Entities may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, the travel or participation in all BET-affiliated events, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, 106 & PARK MOBILE APP, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
BET International reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the United Kingdom having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winner, available after June 16, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #PickMeBET Contest, 17 - 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT