TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR 2017 MTV CRASHES PLYMOUTH COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/plymouth. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 14 July 2017 at 17:00 BST.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK only aged 18 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (the “Promoter”) or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant may be disqualified.
6. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
7. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
8. The winner will be selected on 18 July 2017.
9. The winner shall receive a trip for himself/herself and a guest to MTV Crashes Plymouth, including:
• Return ‘standard’-class train travel to Plymouth (from within contiguous Great Britain)
• 2 nights in a 4-star Plymouth hotel (July 28th and 29th 2017 on a twin + bed & breakfast basis)
• VIP tickets to the MTV Crashes Plymouth event taking place on July 28th and 29th 2017
The approximate value of the prize is £600.
THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AGED 18 OR OVER AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT.
ANY WINNER (AND HIS OR HER GUEST) MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON JULY 28TH AND 29TH 2017. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THE WINNER MUST HAVE VALID PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION TO COLLECT THE EVENT TICKETS ON-SITE AT THE EVENT.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize(s) will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 9 above and no additional costs are included.
11. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving the prize.
12. A winner of any prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
13. A winner will be notified by telephone or email on July 19th 2017. Tickets will be held at the event for collection, and will require the winner to present valid photo ID.
14. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the prize winner within 24 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner on the same basis as used to select the original winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide a stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier or venue (as relevant).
20. No purchase necessary.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a winner and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
23. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
24. The name of any winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
25. Unless entrants opt in to receive further marketing at the time of entry, any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this competition and as set out in these Terms and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling a prize where applicable. Any personal information held by the Promoter in respect of any competition will be held on record for a short period for the purpose of ensuring fulfilment of the competition and then destroyed.
26. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
27. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
28. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
29. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………