TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER MARCH 2016 COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 9:30 AM on 29 March 2016.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or of Universal Music Group or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant may be disqualified.
6. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
7. Winners will be randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
8. Winners will be selected on 29 March 2016.
9. There will be 12 winners, each of which will receive a pair of “meet and greet” tickets to a 5 Seconds Of Summer UK concert taking place between the 5th and 23rd of April 2016.
If a winner is under 14 years of age, the winner’s guest for the concert must be a parent or legal guardian.
WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE CONCERT ON A DATE BETWEEN 5 – 23 APRIL 2016. NO ALTERNATIVE DATE(S) WILL BE AVAILABLE.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize(s) will not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 9 above and no additional costs are included.
11. Winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving their prize.
12. A winner of any prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
13. Winners will be notified by email of being selected as a winner. Winner will receive tickets directly from the concert promoter, SJM.
14. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of first attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner on the same basis as used to select the original winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize(s) in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide a stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier or venue (as relevant).
20. No purchase necessary.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to a winner and/or parents/legal guardians under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, postponements, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or parents/legal guardians shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
23. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
24. The name of any winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
25. Unless entrants opt in to receive further marketing at the time of entry, any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this competition and as set out in these Terms and will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling a prize where applicable. Any personal information held by the Promoter in respect of any competition will be held on record for a short period for the purpose of ensuring fulfilment of the competition and then destroyed.
26. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any means or form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer (or software or program) generated multiple entries will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
27. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
28. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
29. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
I understand that MTV Networks Limited wishes to enter into these Terms with the Entrant named above. I hereby confirm that:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the Entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these Terms and have discussed them with the Entrant who understands what is required of them. I hereby consent to the Entrant entering this competition and receiving any stated prize should they be selected as a winner or a runner up (if applicable).