TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 15:00 (GMT) on 2 March 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe and/or Electronic Arts Limited and/or differencEngine Limited (the “Co-Promoters”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. Five (5) winners will be selected. These will be the first five (5) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition.
10. Each winner shall receive:
Entry to ‘Battlefield Hardline: Live’, an interactive live theatrical gaming experience taking place at the House of Detention in Clerkenwell, London, on the evening of 19 March 2015 (the “Event”)
Each winner is entitled to bring four (4) guests to participate in the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, the winners’ guests must all be at least eighteen (18) years old.
EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON 19 MARCH 2015 IN CENTRAL LONDON. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE AND NO TRAVEL IS PROVIDED.
The winners and their guests will be placed on a guestlist to gain entry to the Event and they must ensure that they bring photographic ID with them. The winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that the management of the Event venue reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event venue if the winners and/or their guests appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
The winners and their guests also agree that, in order to participate in the Event, they will abide by differencEngine Limited’s terms and conditions in relation to live theatrical gaming experiences, available at: http://differencengine.co.uk/legal/http://differencengine.co.uk/legal/
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
12. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
13. The winners of the prizes are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winners will be notified by telephone immediately after being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by e-mail as soon as reasonably practicable after being notified that they are a winner.
15. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason contact any prize winner within 24 hours of first attempting to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
19. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Co-Promoters the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Co-Promoters shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Co-Promoters and all entrants agree that the Co-Promoters can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Co-Promoters in its sole discretion sees fit.
20. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Co-Promoters with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Co-Promoters, the Co-Promoters’ affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
23. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters are unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. No purchase necessary.
26. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers and/or (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars). For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters.
28. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
29. The names of the winners (if applicable) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
32. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Co-Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
33. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………