TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE COMPETITION – March 2015
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple choice question online at URL www.mtv.co.uk/competitions. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 15:00 (GMT) on 11 March 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be aged eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe and/or Electronic Arts Limited (the “Co-Promoters”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
7. All entries must include name, age, address, (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question.
8. Five (5) winners will be selected. These will be the first five (5) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received.
9. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition.
10. Each winner shall receive:
one (1) copy of the Battlefield Hardline game produced by Electronic Arts Limited, compatible with each winner's choice of games console from the following: Playstation 4; Playstation 3; Xbox One; Xbox 360; or PC (the “Prize”).
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs are included.
12. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their Prize.
13. The winners will be notified by telephone within 48 hours of being selected and will receive written confirmation and full details of the Prize by e-mail as soon as reasonably practicable after being notified that they are a winner. The Prize will be sent to each winner by post shortly after its release date, which is expected to be on or around 20 March 2015.
14. In the event that the Co-Promoters cannot for any reason contact any Prize winner within 24 hours of first attempting to do so, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
15. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Co-Promoters have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. The Co-Promoters reserve the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Co-Promoters’ reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Co-Promoters’ decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Co-Promoters and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
18. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
19. The Co-Promoters can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Co-Promoters shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
20. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Co-Promoters’ control the Co-Promoters are unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Co-Promoters reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
21. No purchase necessary.
22. The Co-Promoters shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes or global health crises. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winners and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
23. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Co-Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Co-Promoters and/or deceit or fraud by Co-Promoters.
24. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
25. The names of the winners (if applicable) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
27. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Co-Promoters believe have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
28. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Co-Promoters on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Co-Promoters or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Co-Promoters waive their right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Co-Promoters from complaining about other breaches.
29. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
30. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………