TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BRIT AWARDS 2014 COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BRIT AWARDS 2014
￼1. This competition will be governed by these Terms and Conditions and entrants agree that they have read and accept these Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. References to ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘entrant’ refer to you. Entrants also agree that they have read and accept the BRIT Awards Tickets Terms and Conditions at www.brits.co.uk/terms-and-conditions#Ticket.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by answering one (1) multiple-choice question online at https://www.mtv.co.uk/brits. All entries must include name, age, address (including postcode), email address, telephone number of entrant and answer to the question. The competition is free to enter; however, costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering. We are not responsible for any costs in connection with entering the competition. The competition will open at 10am on 24 January 2014.
3. The closing date for entries is midday (12pm) on 12 February 2014.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only and entrants must be aged 18 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or BRIT Awards Limited (“BRITs”) or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
6. There will be five (5) winners. The winners will have answered the question correctly and will be the first five (5) entries randomly drawn by a random generator tool or selected at random by an independent individual.
7. The winners will be selected after midday (12pm) on 12 February 2014.
8. The prize will consist of the following for each of the five (5) winners:
• VIP tickets for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the BRIT Awards 2014 event and the after party event, to be held at The O2, Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX on 19 February 2014 (the “Event”),
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AGED 18 OR OVER ON 24 JANUARY 2014. BOTH THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILBALE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON 19 FEBRUARY 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES CAN BE PROVIDED.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE EVENT AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER EXPENSES, INCLUDING FOOD AND DRINK.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs are included.
10. The winners of the Prize are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
11. The Promoter will notify the winners via telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the winners being selected. Three (3) attempts will be made to contact the winners. The winner will then be sent the tickets to the Event by recorded delivery or signed for delivery by the Promoter.
12. In the event that the Promoter and any winner cannot for any reason establish contact within 24 hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner from all the remaining valid entries received.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Entrants agree that the Promoter may use the entrant’s entry, name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrant and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prize in connection with publicising the competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit and without further consent or payment.
15. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the winners.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select alternative winners in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that any winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
17. The winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all Terms and Conditions of the competition prior to receiving the Prize.
18. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
19. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
20. No purchase necessary.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winners and/or any guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter and/or their respective personnel.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their respective obligations to the winner and/or any guests under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third parties, including but not limited to third party event organisers and any form of transport. For the avoidance of doubt the affected winner and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
23. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
24. The names of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Michael Pell, MTV Networks Europe, BRIT Awards Competition, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. All entrants are recommended to print off a copy or download a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their own record.
28. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
29. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
30. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Michael Pell, MTV Networks Europe, BRIT Awards Competition, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.