TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BRIT AWARDS COMPETITION 2019
This competition (the “Competition”) will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition entrants agree that they have read and accept these Terms and will be bound by them. Entrants also agree that they have read and accept the BRIT Awards Tickets terms and conditions at www.brits.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
1. Opening Date:
12:00 midday GMT on Wednesday 30 January 2019 (“Opening Date”)
2. Closing Date:
12:00 midday GMT on Tuesday 12 February 2019 (“Closing Date”)
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (Company Registration No: 10344647) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (“MTV”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 18 or over;
b) you must be a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland;
c) you must not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV or BRIT Awards Limited or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any other person professionally connected with this Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps between the Opening Date and Closing Date:
(i) Follow the MTV UK account (@mtvuk) on Instagram; AND
(ii) Like the Brit Awards 2019 competition call-to-action Instagram post (the “Competition Post”); AND
(iii) Tag an Instagram friend in a comment below the Competition Post (the “Entry Content”),
(together, an "Entry").
PRIZE AND WINNERS
6. There will be five (5) winners of the Competition (the “Winners”).
7. The Winners will each receive two (2) tickets to attend The BRIT Awards 2019 and The Brit Awards 2019 After Party (together the “Event”) to be held at The O2, Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX on Wednesday 20 February 2019 for himself/herself and one (1) guest (the “Prize”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Winners shall be entrants who posted an Entry and selected in accordance with term 17, and not the friend tagged in the Entry. Winners are not obliged to bring the tagged friend as their guest and can choose an alternative guest if they wish.
8. THE WINNER must be aged 18 or over ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AGED 13 OR OVER AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT. if THE WINNER’S GUEST IS AGED UNDER 18, THE WINNER MUST BE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE GUEST. EACH WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES. Each winner and their guest acknowledges and agrees that the venue management reserve the right to refuse admission if they cannot show a valid ticket, or valid ID if requested, or appear to be behaving anti-socially, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE DOES NOT CONSIST OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN TERM 7 ABOVE AND NO ADDITIONAL COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOOD, DRINK, TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION) ARE INCLUDED.
10. Each Winner and his/her guest must be available to take the prize on Wednesday 20 February 2019. No alternative dates will be available.
11. The Competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the Competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
12. All entrants must adhere to Instagram’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition
13. All entrants confirm that:
(a) the Entry Content does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
(b) they have obtained the permission of any other person featuring in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
14. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
(a) is defamatory;
(b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
(c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
(d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
(e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
(f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
15. No purchase necessary.
16. Only one (1) Entry is permitted per entrant. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Instagram accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
17. The Winners will be selected at random by MTV from all valid entries which are received between the Opening Date and Closing Date.
18. The Winners will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 12 February 2019.
19. The Winners may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this Competition prior to receiving the Prize.
20. The Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
21. The Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram as soon as reasonably practicable after the Winners are selected. Upon notification the Winners will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. MTV will then send the Prize to each Winner by recorded delivery or signed for delivery. Alternatively if MTV cannot deliver the Prize to each Winner’s address before the Event, MTV will distribute the Prize to each Winner at the Event venue.
22. In the event that MTV cannot for any reason establish contact with the Winners within twenty four (24) hours of our initial attempt to do so, MTV reserves the right to immediately draw another Winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original Winner.
23. MTV reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that MTV has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms.
24. Instagram takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Instagram.
25. MTV reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in MTV's opinion, there are insufficient entries for MTV to be able to select the Winners or where, in MTV’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the Competition unfair to all entrants. MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Competition, including the determination of any Winners of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
26. By entering this Competition, all entrants hereby grant to MTV and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, Entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the Competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the Winner’s name, location, and Entry being broadcast on-air and posted across MTV’s social media platforms.
27. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of MTV and its respective affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
28. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a Winner.
29. MTV can accept no responsibility for entries delayed or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. MTV shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the competition.
30. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond MTV’s control MTV is unable to provide the stated Prize, MTV reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
31. MTV shall not be liable to the Winners and/or any guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of MTV and/or MTV’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by MTV and/or their respective personnel.
32. MTV shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their respective obligations to the Winner and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third parties, including but not limited to third party event organisers. For the avoidance of doubt the affected Winner and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
33. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
34. The names of the Winners can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, Digital Media, BRIT Awards Competition 2018, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
36. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that MTV believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. MTV reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
37. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by MTV on notice. No waiver of any rights by MTV or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if MTV waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent MTV from complaining about other breaches.
38. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
39. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, Digital Media, BRIT Awards Competition 2019, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.