TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CLUB MTV PICCADILLY INSTITUTE COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that they are over 18.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by providing their personal details and answering a mulitiple choice question online at www.mtv.co.uk/clubmtvlondon.
3. The closing time for entries is 16:59 on Monday 27 July 2015.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be over 18; and
(c) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries that have correctly answered the question and which are received on or before the closing time.
6. The winner will receive:
(a) 1 night stay in a 4* hotel of Promoter’s choice in London for the winner and the winner’s guest sharing one (1) standard twin room on a bed and breakfast basis (the “Hotel Stay”);
(b) dinner for the winner and the winner’s guest on Friday 7 August 2015 at Grace Bar and Restaurant from the evening a la carte menu, up to the value of £60;
(c) two (2) tickets to Club MTV at the Piccadilly Institute, London on Friday 7 August 2015 (the “Event”) (with fast-track entry and table seating);
(d) a bottle of champagne and £100 bar tab;
(e) 2 standard class return train tickets to a mainline London railway station up to a maximum value of £100 per person
(together, the “Prize”).
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST ALSO BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR OVER ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. THE WINNER AND THEIR GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE ON THE DATES LISTED ABOVE AND NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE OFFERED.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Term 6 above and the winner is responsible for any applicable taxes and/or any and all other costs, expenses incurred in connection with the Prize or attendance at the Event (incuding, but not limited to, spending money and transfers to and from the departure railway station and travel within London). The winner is responsible for all room service costs and any other charges or expenses incurred by the winner or their guest in connection with the Hotel Stay (including, but not limited to any damage caused to the hotel room).
8. The winner and their guest must arrive at the relevant venue for the Event at the time specified by the Promoter, with their tickets in the same state they were provided and wearing any wristband provided by or on behalf of the Promoter. The winner and their guest will not be allowed to enter the venue if they appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
9. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by email and by phone throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
13. The winner will be selected on 28 July 2015.
14. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize.
15. The winner will be notified by email and phone to the email address and phone number provided on 28 July 2015.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with any winner within twenty four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winners.
17. The Promoter will book the Hotel Stay and train tickets upon the winner providing all information required for the booking. The Promoter will then e-mail winner a booking confirmation for their Hotel Stay and train tickets. Other elements of the Prize will be provided to the winner on arrival.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winner or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition or in connection with their enjoyment of the Prize (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the winner’s name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
22. By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the competition and/or the Prize. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
23. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the relevant manufacturer(s) or supplier(s) (including, but not limited to, the terms and conditions of the hotel, restaurant and venue at which the Event is taking place and any applicable conditions of carriage).
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising, without limitation, out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prizes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
28. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Club MTV London Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, within one (1) month after the competition closes.
30. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
31. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Club MTV, Piccadilly Institute Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT