TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DAVID GUETTA AT FUSION FESTIVAL 2018 MEET & GREET COMPETITION
This competition (the “Competition”) will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition entrants agree that they have read and accept these Terms and will be bound by them.
1. Opening Date: 10:00am BST on Friday 29 June 2018 (“Opening Date”)
2. Closing Date: 10:00am BST on Friday 13 July 2018 (“Closing Date”)
3. Promoter: Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited (Company Registration No: 10344647) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (“MTV”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 16 or over;
b) you must be a resident of the UK;
c) you must hold an Instagram account; and
d) you must not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any other person professionally connected with this Competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Instagram’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
HOW TO ENTER
6. Entrants may enter the Competition by following these steps between the Opening Date and the Closing Date:
(i) visit the MTV UK Instagram page (@MTVUK) and follow us
(ii) like the image of David Guetta uploaded by MTV on the Opening Date; and
(iii) tag an Instagram friend in the comments section below the image
(the "Entry Content").
PRIZE AND WINNER
7. There will be one (1) winner of the Competition (the “Winner”).
8. The winner will receive two (2) tickets, including one (1) ticket for himself/herself and one (1) ticket for a guest, to attend the Fusion Festival at Otterspool Park and Promenade, Liverpool, taking place over the 1st and 2nd September 2018, which shall include, subject to availability and in any event subject to change, the opportunity to ‘meet and greet’ David Guetta (the “Prize”).
9. THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AGED 16 OR OVER ON THE DATE OF THE EVENT. EITHER THE WINNER OR HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AN ADULT AGED 18 YEARS OR OVER ON THE DATE OF THE EVENT. THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES.
10. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE PRIZE DOES NOT CONSIST OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN TERM 7 ABOVE AND NO ADDITIONAL COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOOD, DRINK, TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION) ARE INCLUDED.
11. The Winner and his/her guest must be available to take the Prize on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd September 2018. No alternative dates will be available.
12. The Competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the Competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
13. No purchase necessary.
14. Multiple entries per entrant are permitted. The more times you enter the greater the chance of winning.
15. The Winner will be selected at random by MTV from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received between the Opening Date and Closing Date.
16. The Winner will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition at 10am BST on Friday 13 July 2018.
17. The Winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this Competition prior to receiving the Prize.
18. The Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
19. The Winner will be notified that they have been successful by Instagram direct message immediately after the Winner is selected. Upon notification the Winner will be asked to provide their name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address and to consent to this information being shared with the Prize providers, who will only use such to distribute the Prize to the Winner.
20. In the event that MTV cannot for any reason establish contact with the Winner within twelve (12) hours of our initial attempt to do so, MTV reserves the right to immediately draw another Winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original Winner.
21. MTV reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that MTV has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms.
22. MTV reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the MTV has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of Instagram’s rules or terms of service.
23. Instagram takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants will be providing information to MTV only and not to Instagram.
24. MTV reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in MTV's opinion, there are insufficient entries for MTV to be able to select the Winner or where, in MTV’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the Competition unfair to all entrants. MTV’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Competition, including the determination of any Winner. No correspondence will be entered into.
25. By entering this Competition, all entrants hereby grant to MTV and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the Competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the Winner’s name, location, and Entry being broadcast on-air and posted across MTV’s social media platforms.
26. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of MTV and its respective affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
27. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the Winner.
28. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
29. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of MTV. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects within the Terms shall be disqualified.
30. MTV can accept no responsibility for entries delayed or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. MTV shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the competition.
31. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond MTV’s control MTV is unable to provide the stated Prize, MTV reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the Event organsier and the venue where the Event is taking place.
32. MTV shall not be liable to the Winner and/or any guests for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of MTV and/or MTV’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by MTV and/or their respective personnel.
33. MTV shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their respective obligations to the Winner and/or any guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with the activities of third parties, including but not limited to third party event organisers and any form of transport. For the avoidance of doubt the affected Winner and/or any guests shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
34. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
35. The name of the Winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, DAVID GUETTA AT FUSION FESTIVAL 2018 MEET & GREET COMPETITION, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
37. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that MTV believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. MTV reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
38. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by MTV on notice. No waiver of any rights by MTV or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if MTV waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent MTV from complaining about other breaches.
39. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
40. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Ltd, DAVID GUETTA AT FUSION FESTIVAL 2018 MEET & GREET COMPETITION, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.