TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ED SHEERAN INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants must have an Instagram account and may enter the competition by:
(i) following @MTVUK on Instagram; and then
(ii) uploading a photograph of himself/herself and one (1) other person who they would like to take with them to see Ed Sheeran perform live at the VH1 Storytellers event taking place at Whelan’s in Dublin on 24 January 2015; and
(iii) adding the hashtag #IWantEdSheeranTickets to the photograph posted on Instagram.
Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
3. The closing date for entries is 12.00pm (GMT) on 19 January 2015.
4. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
8. One (1) winner and one (1) runner up will be selected. The winner will be the first entry and the runner up will be the second entry randomly drawn from all entries received that comply with the entry requirements.
9. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable after close of the competition on 19 January 2015.
10. The winner shall receive:
Tickets for himself/herself and one (1) guest to attend the VH1 Storytellers event featuring Ed Sheeran taking place at Whelan’s in Dublin, Ireland, on 24 January 2015 (the “Event”).
The runner up shall receive:
Tickets for himself/herself and one (1) guest to attend the dress rehearsal of the VH1 Storytellers event featuring Ed Sheeran taking place at Whelan’s in Dublin, Ireland, on 24 January 2015 (the “Dress Rehearsal”).
The guest of the winner and runner up must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
The winner, the runner up and their guests must each hold a valid EU passport and any other necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, visas where necessary) and are advised to obtain their own travel insurance.
THE WINNER, RUNNER UP AND THEIR GUESTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT OR THE DRESS REHEARSAL (AS APPLICABLE) ON 24 JANUARY 2015 AND MUST MAKE THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
The winner and runner up acknowledge and agree that in order to gain entry to the Event or the Dress Rehearsal (as applicable), and for their guests, they must ensure that they bring their tickets with them in a presentable state and that they are wearing any wristbands provided by the Promoter and as required by the Event/Dress Rehearsal venue. The winner, runner up and their guests acknowledge and agree that the Event/Dress Rehearsal venue management reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event/Dress Rehearsal venue if the winner, runner up and/or their guests appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 10 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
12. The winner and runner up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
13. The winner and runner up are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
14. The winner and runner up will be notified by direct message on Instagram as soon as reasonably practicable following close of the competition on 19 January 2015.
15. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the prize winner and/or runner up by 20 January 2015, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner and/or runner up, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner and/or runner up.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and/or runner up in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of a prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to take down any entry that contains, in the sole opinion of the Promoter: (i) inappropriate, obscene, offensive, or defamatory material; (ii) contains (or appears to contain) material the copyright or trademark in which is owned by, or likely owned by, a third party; or (iii) which for any reason may infringe or violate the rights of any person or entity. All entrants represent that the photograph submitted is of himself/herself and does not contain: (i) other people who have not consented to being photographed; and/or (ii) any material the copyright or trademark in which is owned by a third party from whom express permission to use such material has not been obtained.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the competition and (if applicable) any prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”. All Footage shall be owned by the Promoter and all entrants agree that the Promoter can use any Footage in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
21. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
22. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions and/or Footage to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
23. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
24. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
25. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
26. No purchase necessary.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner, runner up and/or their guests under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, global health crises or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers and/or (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or their guest shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
28. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
29. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
30. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, and entrants understand that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants hereby release and hold harmless Instagram from and against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this competition.
31. The names of the winner and runner-up can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
33. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
34. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
35. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
36. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………