TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EDC TWITTER COMPETITION
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by following these steps:
(a) following @ClubMTV on Twitter; and
(b) re-tweeting exactly and in full the competition call-to-action tweet of “Follow @ClubMTV & RT for your chance to win VIP tix, travel + more to @edc_uk this summer” to be tweeted by @MTVMusicUK on or after 11.00 BST on 24 June 2016.
3. The closing time for entries is 11:00 BST on 27 June 2016.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. All entrants must adhere to Twitter’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
6. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid entries which are received on or before the closing time.
7. The winner will be selected and notified on 27 June 2016 via direct message on Twitter. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they are able to receive direct messages from @MTVMusicUK.
8. The winner will receive:
(a) one pair of VIP tickets (over 18s only) for the Electric Daisy Carnival (also known as “EDC”) (the “Event”), taking place at The National Bowl, Watling Street (V4), Milton Keynes, MK5 8AA on Saturday 9 July 2016 with return coach travel included - for further details, please see the Event’s website at http://uk.electricdaisycarnival.com/; and
(b) one Electric Daisy Carnival goody bag (the “Goody Bag”), (together the “Prize”).
THE WINNER AND THE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE ON 9 JULY 2016. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel to/from the point of the coach departure, spending money or any other expenses incurred as a result of attendance at the Event.
The winner will be able to collect their tickets at the Event box office on the day of the Event. In advance of the Event, the winner will be asked to confirm their and their guest’s full names (as they appear on accepted ID, which shall be limited to a valid passport or UK driving licence), their email address and telephone number. The winner and their guest must also bring either their valid passport or UK driving licence with them in order to gain access to the Event. The winner and their guest acknowledge and agree that the management reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event if the winner and/or their guest appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. The winner will be sent the Goody Bag within 28 days of the Event.
9. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition prior to receiving the Prize. The winner and winner’s guest shall, in order to benefit from the Prize, be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of attendance at the Event.
10. The competition is free to enter. However, costs of accessing the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
11. No purchase necessary.
12. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Term 8 above and no additional costs are included.
15. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
16. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason establish contact with the winner within twenty-four (24) hours of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to immediately draw another winner who will be selected applying the same criteria as used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable ground for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms or any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service.
18. Twitter takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select the winner or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition, all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non- exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the winner’s name and location being broadcast on-air and posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
22. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, in Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
23. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value. The Prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Event.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or any prize, other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or its personnel.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (without limitation) delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including (without limitation) as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
26. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
27. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self- addressed envelope to: EDC Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
29. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries of any fashion, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
30. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
31. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. 32. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to: EDC Twitter Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.